Posted in Other 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New Haven, Connecticut
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
As a core member of the Care delivery team, the Clinical Nurse practices as the patients nurse and collaborates with the team to facilitate the coordination of patient care at the unit level. Through utilization of the nursing process, the clinical nurse diagnoses and treats patient and family responses to actual or potential health problems. The Clinical Nurse is accountable to the patient, family, peers, and Manager. Patient and family centered care (PFCC) at YNHH is demonstrated by working with patients and their families based on the 4 principles of PFCC: participation, dignity and respect, information sharing, and collaboration. This includes providing service excellence by creating a great \\"First Impression\\" by demonstrating exemplary customer service skills for all customer groups including patients, families/friends, physicians, staff and support department personnel. Adheres to the \\"I Am YNHH\\" service excellence pledge and promotes a positive work environment.
* 1. Nursing Process
* 1.1 The Clinical Nurse II SVC (CN II SVC) utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation while caring for our patients maintaining confidentiality and dignity. The Clinical Nurse II SVC provides safe, effective evidenced based care tailored to the individual needs of the patient and family. As a core member of the care delivery team, the Clinical Nurse II SVC partners with the team to facilitate the coordination of patient care at the unit level utilizing the principles of patient/family centered care.
* 2. Clinician Patient Relationship
* 2.1 Demonstrates a holistic and caring approach throughout the nurse patient relationship.
* 3. Clinical Expertise / Problem Solving
* 3.1 Collaborates with members of the multidisciplinary team to support the work of the team, unit activities, and the accomplishment of positive patient outcomes.
* 4. Collaboration/Teamwork
* 4.1 Delegates responsibilities to appropriate members of the care delivery team based upon an understanding of others' roles, scope of practice, knowledge, and capabilities to ensure optimal utilization of personnel.
* 5. Practice Development / Positive Impact (improvement of the self and improvement of the practice of nursing}
* 5.1 Successfully completes the competency based orientation within designated time frame.
* 6. Leadership
* 6.1 Communicates in a calm professional manner with patients, families, colleagues, members of the care team, and other hospital personnel, accepts and elicits feedback, and works toward resolving problems and clarifying issues and concerns.
Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing. Licensed and a currently Clinical Nurse in the State of Connecticut. All newly hired Registered Nurses must have current BCLS certification or must obtain within one month of hire.
Labor and Delivery RN experience preferred. Must obtain EFM Certification within 18 months of hire.
Excellent communications, interpersonal, coordinative, and organizational skills.