Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Req#: 5460 At Sonos we believe that listening is essential to human progress, culture, and happiness. Our mission is to inspire the world to listen better and we are passionate about building and delivering amazing products and services that empower listeners everywhere. Our ambition is to be the world s leading sound experience company and we will get there by delivering great sound, an easy experience, premium design, freedom of choice, and by making sure it all works together seamlessly as a system. We re looking for someone who not only knows how to create software enabled experiences, but also can help us realize our vision to keep Sonos at the forefront of the connected device universe.
The Technical Program Manager is a high-visibility role within Sonos. You will lead the delivery of all software needed for a new product from conception through prototyping and beta testing to mass production and into customers hands.
The Technical Program Manager operates at the nexus of software and hardware making sure that all of the software pieces are understood, planned, delivered on time, and delivered with quality. The role requires strength in three fundamental aspects of product development: understanding product strategy, driving project logistics and schedule, and deep technical understanding of the software being delivered.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos no matter their background or how they identify. If that s you, we hope you ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
What You ll Do
* Lead a team of high-performing engineers to deliver all the software required at all stages of new product development.
* Act as the liaison between the software and hardware teams on new hardware programs.
* Quickly translate hardware requirements into concrete software functionality.
* Create schedules, identify and communicate risks to stakeholders, define risk mitigation strategies.
* Facilitate appropriate software engineering solutions to unanticipated issues while keeping teams unblocked.
* Know how and when to ship quality products. Work with engineering teams to keep programs moving forward using both qualitative and quantitative metrics to advance programs through the shipping cycle.
* Drive consensus, influence, and rally teams to meet goals.
* Demonstrate a relentless sense of ownership for the success of a program.
Skills You ll Need
* Track record of shipping reliable, extensible, and maintainable software.
* 5+ years of experience in software development and leading high-performing teams.
* Able to communicate technical concepts, risks, and interdependent requirements clearly and effectively.
* Highly organized with multiple methodologies for creating and maintaining organization.
* Experience in product development with strong problem-solving skills.
* Working knowledge of branch/merge strategies and code management.
* Experience with consumer hardware development and organizational exposure to mass production.
* Thrives in fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
More About Sonos
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.