Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Part Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a NUCLEAR MEDICINE TECHNOL to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount
program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast - Pasadena, TX
Nuclear Medicine Technol - Nuclear Medicine
HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast has been serving the needs of Southeast Harris County for 55 years. It offers 364 licensed beds, a NICU, an Advanced Wound Care Center, and a full complement of hospital services.
HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
* Administers therapeutic doses of radiopharmaceuticals under direction of Physician.
* Assist the physician in diagnostic procedures.
* Assist with transporting patients to and from their rooms when patient is an inpatient.
* Calibrates equipment.
* Ensures efficient filming of exams for quick interpretation.
* Expectations Ethics and Compliance 1. All employees will be held accountable for behaviors displayed relative to the values articulated in the Mission and Values Statement. \\"Will act with absolute honest, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.\\" 2. All employees will be held accountable for attending training regarding the Code of Conduct program at least annually.
* Follows radiation safety techniques in use and disposal of radioactive materials.
* Measures radioactivity, using Geiger counters, scalers, and scintillation detectors.
* Meets 80% TAT goals.
* Monitors the equipment for mechanical safety.
* Must pass competency test annually
* Performs diagnostic studies on patients as prescribed by Physician, using scanners or scintillation cameras to detect radiation emitted and to produce image of organ on photographic film.
* Practices AITET principles daily.
* Prepares stock solutions of radiopharmaceutical materials, calculates doses, and administers doses, under direction of Physician.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU WILL NEED:
* License / Certifications / Requirements
Current licensure in the state of Texas to practice Nuclear Medicine (TDH). Current BLS required. CNMT (Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist) certification is required.
Graduate of an accredited program for Nuclear medicine technologist and/or Registered Radiology Technologist (ARRT).
Minimum two (2) years working experience in a hospital imaging department with one (1) experience in Nuclear Medicine.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.