Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Brentwood, Tennessee
Aspect employs a team of passionate individuals who are changing the face of customer engagement. Over our 40-year history we have empowered employees by creating an inspired community that values customer obsession, unlocked communications and relentless innovation. Our ability to think big has enabled us to continually evolve and lead the market, and to stay on the forefront with exciting technologies including cloud, mobile and artificial intelligence.
GENERAL SCOPE & SUMMARY
The Principal Engineer is a key designer and developer of application layer components in a large, scalable, multi-tiered workforce management application. In this position, you will leverage technology to develop and validate components at an expert level, manage defect resolutions, and coordinate code development with other engineers. While working in a nibble Agile scrum environment, you will be a primary developer for product component(s), responsible for design, documentation, implementation, unit testing, and defect fixing of new and existing products. You will also be responsible for handling critical customer problems in real-time, and developing code fixes or enhancements to be included in future code releases. The job requires close interaction with the Development, QA, Support, and Professional Services teams.
Primary Role & Responsibilities:
* Designs and develops components in the application tier of a large multi-tiered, distributed system. But may participate in development in any of a range of product areas such as thin client, rich client, server, installation, communication layers, deployment, and so forth
* Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and does ongoing modification of software components
* Interact with internal cross-functional members to better understand system requirements and/or necessary modifications
* Develops and/or executes implementation according to project plans and priorities
* Reviews and provides suggestion on roadmap direction
* Develop solutions/implementations to consistently improve product stability, scalability, and performance
* Work with support engineers, professional services and sales engineers to investigate and handle customer and field escalated cases
* Create and document best practices guidelines and knowledge base articles
* Provides estimated timelines for issues reported from the field
* Proactively identify non-compliance of code against requirements/standards/design and raise defects
* Able to switch between multiple tasks based on dynamic changing priorities
* Mentor junior members in the team
Specific Technical Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree preferred with 5+ years' experience on the Windows platform, or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Strong understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
* Strong understanding and experience with C#; knowledge of, or experience with, C++ is a plus
* Strong understanding of the latest .NET Framework and .Net Core
* Strong understanding of MVC design patterns and object-oriented programming
* Experience with PowerShell scripting
* Experience using cloud services like Microsoft Azure and AWS
* Experience with code versioning tools, such as TFS, Git
* Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio as the IDE
* Experience writing simple to complex queries for Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle RDBMS
* Experience working in an Agile scrum development environment
* Experience with Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence)
* Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code and documentation
* Have a systematic problem-solving approach coupled with strong communication skills, documentation skills, and a sense of ownership and drive.
* Experience with Delphi
* Knowledge of, or experience with, deployment technologies, such as Chef, Ansible, or Terraform
* Knowledge of, or experience with, containerization and orchestration technologies, such as Docker & Kubernetes
* Familiarity with contact center concepts or workforce management concepts
Aspect is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans or any other legally protected group.