Posted in Other 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Looking for an organized, multitasker with insurance and financial counseling experience. Someone who is comfortable speaking to mental health patients, gathering insurance data and collecting money.
Highlands Behavioral Health System is an 86 bed freestanding behavioral health hospital offering psychiatric care for adults and adolescents ages 11 and up. Centrally located in Littleton, Highlands is a great facility easily accessible to families throughout the Front Range and just minutes from surrounding communities. We are looking for great people who have a passion to help others and want to join a great team of committed individuals who are working together to benefit the lives of our patients and provide the best service possible.
The Patient Accounts Representative exists to verify all patient account insurance information on the day of admission or the next working day. Contacts the patient s and/or third party payer organization(s) to secure insurance benefits and information. Secures all self-pay deposits and payment while patients are in the facility.
Highlands Behavioral Health System offers evening, night and weekend shifts with shift differential pay. We offer an excellent time off plan, several medical plans to choose from, dental coverage, vision plans, an employee assistance program, life and long-term disability benefits and 401(k) plan for full time and part time employees. In addition we have many other employee discounts and benefits that we offer as well and casual Fridays.
1. Monitors and reviews all new accounts and follow-up documents to determine the nature and extent of the information received from and the Intake Department.
2. Notifies the Business Office Manager of any delinquent information.
3. Contacts all payers to ensure clarification of insurance benefits and any monies due up front.
4. Investigates any delinquent patient information to identify any special circumstances affecting delay of billing with relations to correct information.
5. Contacts all third party payer organizations and/or patients as necessary to facilitate the timely gathering of information to ensure billing credibility.
6. Reclassifies accounts after insurance verification or rejection or verification and initiates required procedures.
7. Identifies problem delinquencies and recommends further action needed.
8. Prepares and maintains records and reports documenting the status of all insurance verification and census information reporting.
9. Maintains current knowledge of all insurance verification policies and procedures and related legislation.
10. Promotes a positive working environment and guest relations.
11. Assumes and/or performs additional duties as requested.
12. Promotes safety by attending mandatory inservices and complies with all safety measures initiated by the facility.
One of the nation s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
*UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.::
All employment at UHS is with one of the subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc., including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. Universal Health Services is a holding company.
UHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, openly supports and fully commits to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.