Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
About the Position:
Reporting to the Associate Director of Undergraduate Student Career Development, the Assistant Director of Cooperative Education actively supports a centralized Career Center which serves an undergraduate population pursuing degrees in engineering, the sciences, business, the humanities, and the arts. The Assistant Director is responsible for introducing and enrolling undergraduate engineering and computer science students to the Cooperative Education Program and providing access to cooperative education assignments.
· Provide career advising services to individual students to assist in career goal setting and attaining the appropriate cooperative education resources in support of their career plans.
· Assist students in creating and developing their resumes, cover letters, portfolios, interviewing skills and other professional tools required to access cooperative education assignments and ultimately, conduct a successful job search.
· Plan and present workshops and seminars in resume writing, interviewing techniques, job search strategies, business communication, employer expectations, networking and social media, and other career-related topics.
· Oversee a cohort of engineering and science undergraduate students participating in the cooperative education process and maintain detailed notes on each student’s progress in applying for and attaining experiential education opportunities and full time employment.
· Maintain data on student participation rates and contribute to departmental reporting.
· Visit students at their experiential education worksites and monitor quality of experience.
· Manage relationships with employers, business partners, and alumni to develop experiential education and full time employment opportunities.
· Participate in the planning and running of employer-related events.
· Maintain a professional level of conduct, appearance, and attire at all times.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· A Bachelor’s degree required; a Master’s degree preferred in counseling, higher education, student services, or related area; 2 – 4 years of experience, preferably in career advising, human resources, higher education, or other relevant experience.
· Knowledge and Skills:
· Must demonstrate a student focus and enjoy working with a college student population.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with challenging situations in a diplomatic and calm manner, maintaining a customer service orientation at all times.
· Must be willing to gain an understanding of the Stevens undergraduate engineering and computer science curricula and the scheduling of cooperative education assignments per academic major.
· Possess an understanding of computer applications – must demonstrate proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Preferred knowledge of a career management or applicant tracking system.
· Possess excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills (oral and written) and a willingness and ability to research and learn.
· Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
· Self-starter with ability to adapt to change and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a car.
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police