Posted in Other 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Products and Technology
PRODUCT MANAGEMENT DIRECTOR, CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
Everyone who wants to change the world should have the tools and technology to do so. Technology is the most powerful equalizer of our time, providing access to data, knowledge, and above all connections. Salesforce gets our technology in the hands of nonprofits and educators so they can connect with others and do more good. The more missions our technology supports, the more we invest back into technology and communities, creating an endless circle of good.
If working every day to support this vision sounds like something you d be interested in doing, then we d like to talk to you. We are looking for an experienced and multi-faceted Product Management leader to own the Customer Experience portfolio for the Salesforce.org technology team. This role will be managing a team of product managers building technology to support important aspects of the Salesforce.org mission. This is an amazing opportunity to have an impact with thousands of nonprofits and higher education groups while working with some of the best employees and customers in the world. We support and mentor one another to create something bigger than any of us could have dreamt of alone.
What will you bring to Salesforce Business Technology? You should have at least 5 years of experience managing Product Managers a background in product management and a track record of delivering quality solutions. Nonprofit experience is strongly preferred. Previous experience engaging with and delivering solutions for internal business teams (rather than developing for the market) is highly preferred. Knowledge of Marketing and Customer Success business domains will help you hit the ground running. We're looking for a leader who loves building relationships and mentoring and developing a team. A successful candidate will understand the importance of engineering, architecture and UX as part of the Product development process, enjoy a good technical challenge, and be comfortable working with the team to resolve areas of misalignment and interfacing with org leadership. We want to talk to you if you are deeply committed to customer experience and have a proven success record developing and managing a portfolio of products and Product Managers.
This role will report to the Senior Director of Product Management, Business Technology.
Within 1 month, you will:
* Engage (weekly 1:1 s) with each of the Product Managers in your portfolio to gain a high-level understanding of their product space, roadmap and current priority projects
* Engage (weekly 1:1 s) with your Engineering lead counterpart to begin to build a partnership to consistently delivering quality technology solutions for business teams (your team owns the product roadmap, they manage the technology team resourcing)
* Engage with other Product Management leads to understand and consistently model road mapping and delivery process as well as surface and address any opportunities or risks
* Attend BT .Org Steering Committee meeting, getting to know the SFDO executive leadership team and business leads in each space
* Drop-in on agile team daily stand ups, team sprints and planning meetings to get a sense of how teams operate
* Start developing a vision for your portfolio, and begin to draft your V2MOM with your manager
Within 6 months, you will:
* Have a solid understanding of the roadmap and priority projects for all products in your portfolio and be comfortable representing the roadmap and priority projects at exec-level meetings
* Actively participate in strategic conversations that overlap with your portfolio; work with PM s to engage appropriate stakeholders and make good decisions about how to move forward
* Establish and facilitate a regular Scrum of Scrums for the PM s and agile teams in your portfolio
* Support career growth for your team through regular 1:1 s, feedback and career conversations
* Drop-in on agile team daily stand ups, team sprints and planning meetings; champion agile best practices particularly in the role of the Product Manager
* Finalize your V2MOM including a vision and specific goals for your product portfolio
Within 12 months, you will:
* Have become an expert, developed ownership and deeply understand the opportunities and challenges in your product portfolio
* Be tightly aligned with your PM s on roadmaps and organizational priorities; represent the portfolio in leadership conversations including 1:1 s and the BT.org steering committee
* Have developed a strong and trusted partnership with your engineering counterpart, working as a team to ensure that Product teams are adequately resourced and operating smoothly
* Provide an overarching strategic perspective on what is happening across your portfolio, supporting Product Managers in your portfolio as well as contributing to org-wide conversations about strategy, org structure and resource planning
* Deliver on your V2MOM including the vision and specific goals for your product portfolio
Salesforce is a fast-paced organization that is growing rapidly. It should be expected that the scope of this position will evolve. Below is a partial representation of skills that we are looking for in a successful candidate:
* Excellent communication skills including presentation and exec-level communications
* Expert problem solver with proven ability to drive alignment across multiple stakeholder groups
* Experienced and enthusiastic team builder, mentor and coach
* Proven leadership, prioritization, and analytical skills
* Positive Attitude
* Minimum 5 years of previous product management experience or equivalent
* Minimum 3 years experience implementing customer success, marketing, volunteer management, corporate philanthropy and/or grants management systems in a leadership role
* Previous experience working with business leads to develop and deliver on a product backlog with an eye towards impact
* Experience building and managing teams
* Previous responsibility for administration of technology systems or equivalent consulting
* Previous experience with working with and developing on the force.com platform
* Previous experience working in an agile environment
ACCESSIBILITY - If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact the Salesforce.com Recruiting Department.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.