Posted in General Business 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
This position may be located in one of the following locations: Charleston, SC, Greenville, SC, Seattle, WA, Los Angeles, CA or Houston, TX
Summary of Position:
The Operating Excellence Manager will work directly with Regional Operations Managers, Plant Managers, and tkSCS associates from Supply Chain Services, Distribution Services, Containment Services, and Transportation. The focus is on improving current processes, eliminating redundancies, improving material flow, labor productivity, quality, safety, and 6S. The position is responsible for contributing knowledge, performing analysis, developing solutions, assisting with project implementation, providing training, auditing and measuring results.
• Compliance to all Corporate, Legal and Company policies. Model Integrity - there can be no suspicion of ethics or morality weakness.
• Meet tkMNA Employee Attributes and supports company values. Must ensure that we act in a Self-Controlled manner and at all times treat others with the verbal and emotional respect.
• Provide Operational Excellence leadership, which includes: identifying performance, customer service and competitive weaknesses; developing solution options using continual improvement methods; documenting Processes, Work Instructions and forms required for operations.
• Compliance, leadership, and education to Workplace Safety for State, Federal and Company
• Support, educate and promote the decisions of tkMNA, tkSCS and the Operating Excellence team.
• Provide leadership and support during customer launches. Including tracking and measuring of results and tasks.
• Provide training and coaching for tkSCS associates.
• Ensure all safety and quality system policies, procedures, and work instructions are implemented and maintained at facilities.
• Conduct and facilitate AIW's and 6S activities with tkSCS associates. Ensure understanding of current processes and challenges, encourage input and joint development of solutions.
• Perform audits to ensure compliance to state, legal and company requirements. Ensure that all records are readily available and secured.
• Provide support, input and report out to Management Review Meetings when requested.
• Define and manage multiple operational improvement initiatives concurrently.
• Effectively manage multiple projects across multiple facilities in the organization.
• Develop and share best practice documentation, tools and learning across the organization.
• Assist in the role out and training for all new Process or Programs identified through TKMNA
• Ensure projects, processes and programs are aligned with business strategy.
• Inform and seek guidance from the Directors of Operating Excellence and Executive Management within area of responsibility.
• Complete and assist with Accident investigations, claims management and implementation of corrective actions.
• Knowledge of FTZ (Foreign Trade Zone) Operations and program
• Certified in Hazmat/Hazcom for DOT and Material Handling
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.• Minimum of 5 Years of logistics business experience and 1 year of Operating Excellence/EHS experience.
• Bachelor's degree preferably in Engineering or Business, or equivalent work experience.
• Experience in planning for and executing capital projects to improve material handling, inventory storage and retrieval, machine setup and utilization, product/service quality, safety, and information management.
• Hazmat and Hazcom Certified and experience
• FTZ Knowledge and experience
• Demonstrated competency in advanced project planning and management.
• Exposure to safety programs and ISO standards.
• Ability to lead and direct improvement projects.
• Group facilitation and trainer/instructor skills.
• Ability to learn and perform statistical analysis.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint and Access.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with individuals at all levels within and outside of the company.
• Willingness to travel up to 50%, to include possible international travel.thyssenkrupp Supply Chain Services NA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to contact us directly.Materials Services- With 480 branches in 40 countries the Business Area Materials Services concentrates on the worldwide trade of raw material and construction material. Coal, metals, gases, plastics in all shapes, qualities and dimensions as well as complex supply-chain solutions- this is for what this Business Area stands for.
thyssenkrupp Supply Chain Services is a dynamic, forward thinking company offering great benefits, career advancement, and abundant learning opportunities. As a subsidiary of the global thyssenkrupp AG based in Germany, we have the security and resources of a large corporation, with a sense of ownership that is usually reserved for small companies. At tk your voice will be heard. When you join our team you are joining a skilled group of professionals with diverse backgrounds across many cultures and industries. Our company values are centered on promoting personal growth, diversity, community engagement, environmental responsibility, and career development. As a growing company, opportunities for advancement are plentiful for those who are willing to work hard - we strive to promote from within.
In the last four years our company size has nearly quadrupled. We now employ over 3,000 people across 35+ locations in the US, Canada, and Mexico. Working mainly in 5 major industries ¬- automotive, renewable energy, heavy manufacturing, commercial construction, and infrastructure logistics - we strive to be the preferred provider for supply chain services in North America. Our services span our "Hands, Wheels, Walls" approach: Quality Inspection, Logistics Management, and Warehousing & Distribution.
If this sounds like the right environment for you, apply today to thyssenkrupp Supply Chain Services:
It's not just a job, it's a career.Business Area Materials Services
As the lead company of the Materials Services business area, we are successful global materials distributor. 500 branches in 44 countries ensure we have a global presence. We also provide a wide range of innovative services to manufacturing and processing companies. The production of stainless steels and high-performance materials rounds out our broad-based offering.At thyssenkrupp we have more than 161,000 employees in 78 countries and annual sales of almost €43 billion. We are active in automotive engineering, logistics, plant technology, steel production, elevator manufacturing and much more. We work in large and small businesses all around the world - but we always work together. We have over 200 years of experience in industry and the latest cutting-edge technology. We have a position that's right for you, that piques your interest, and that puts your skills to the test.