Posted in General Business 24 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Start date late April early March - $14 per hour
Supervisor: Marlayna Chaney. Undergraduate working toward a degree in Interior Design, Building Construction Management, Computer Graphics Technology, Management Information Systems
The GIS intern position provides support for the GIS buildings analyst on activities supporting the creation and maintenance of building floor plans and campus basemap data. Activities would include researching projects for updates, field verification to collect data and/or measurements. Use CAD software to create and update floor plans, base maps, and supporting data. Develop and maintain library of datasets, documentation, and training resources. Strong analytical, spatial reasoning, and data management skills are necessary.
• Research current and past projects for data usage in floorplans, campus basemap data
• Visits to building or campus sites to perform field verification and collect and/or validate data.
• Read and interpret drawings and data to use CAD to create and maintain building floor plans
• Assist with field verification, thematic mapping and layouts.
• Organize, coordinate and perform data collection for identified initiatives
• Assist Senior Architect with design review
• Perform general technical trouble shooting and give consultation to project management personnel.
• Good understanding of database objects, related utilities and creation of tools (tables, indexes, etc.)
• Create maps and related illustrations of the campus environment
Nearest Major Market: Lafayette