Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
This position is responsible for managing a professional group of QC analysts engaged in Physical and Analytical testing of raw materials, in-process materials, and finished products to determine conformance with specifications.
• Responsible for the day to day workflow of QC analysts' responsibilities to ensure production and customer service needs are being met.
• Provide direct reports with leadership, direction and coaching to achieve work objectives and improve performance and skills. Monitors performance of off-shift analysts and ensures they have adequate resources to operate independently.
• Continually develops and implements best laboratory practices to improve laboratory performance, drive lab optimization through efficiencies, instrumentation, and productivity.
• Work with production teams and others to drive to effective root cause analysis and corrective action/preventative actions with issues related to area of responsibility.
• Responsible for cGMPs and Lab Safety. Ensures lab is GMP and Safety audit ready at all times.
• Measure and track performance though metrics. TAT (turnaround time) and OTR (on time release)
• Capital projects oversight (CAPEX)
• Drive and maintain lab 5S
• Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, or related degree background.
• Previous Quality experience within the food manufacturing environment highly preferred. Technically proficient with GC, FTIR, ICP OES, NIR, and numerous other pieces of analytical equipment.
• Understands food manufacturing processes.
• Team/lab management/supervision experience preferred.
• Demonstrates working knowledge in the following areas: quality systems (Optiva, SAP, GLIMS), GMPs, GLPs, sampling plan development, wet chemistry, and chromatography. Strong computer skills, MS office, Minitab, etc.
• Experienced in ERS/CSV Validation process preferred.
• Demonstrates interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively lead others within a team environment. Project management skills desired. Experience with Lean principles, Kaizen, or other continuous improvement processes also desired.
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly global organisation.
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by appropriate law. All hiring decisions are made based on merit, competence and business need.
Nearest Major Market: Grand Rapids