Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Lighting (HLI) is committed to elevating the lighting experience. Empowered by lighting solutions that integrate seamlessly into their environment, save energy, provide improved quality of light, deliver return on investment and armed with Hubbell s unflinching support, its customers are able to think differently about how, where, and when they can use light. As one of the largest lighting fixture manufacturers in North America, it features a suite of brands that provide a full range of indoor and outdoor lighting products serving the commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential markets.
Founded in 1906, Progress Lighting is a leader in residential and light-commercial lighting and ceiling fans. Key market channels include national home builders, online retail, electrical distributors, and DIY retail. Website: progresslighting.com POSTING ADDRESS
701 Millennium Blvd., Greenville, SC 29607
#LI-KH1 POSITION OVERVIEW
The Product Specialist will support the product development team by providing project management and marketing support. The individual must be both organized and creative along with possessing excellent communication and team leadership skills. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assist Product Managers (PM) in execution of product launches through assigned project management tasks
* Assist VP Product Management with product launches related to guest designer programs. Includes: project management of new product development, Public Relations coordination between Corporate and External contractors, post-launch support, budgeting, sales tracking and forecasting, and related activities
* Support PM activities related to Market Research including development and administration of survey tools
* Work with team to develop, record and validate trade names for new products
* Coordinate with PM and internal MarComm team to identify opportunities or needs for collateral to support product launches
* Support Product Managers with development of training presentations for internal personnel, distributors, and agents
* Participate in industry trade shows to promote product line
* Provide technical support assistance on newly launched products for customers and specifiers
* Additional duties as required
* Product Management / Design / Engineering
* Customer Service
* Sales Organization
* Marketing Communications
* Suppliers (primarily in Asia)
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or a related field
* 1-3 years' experience in marketing or related role
* Must excel at interpersonal and written communication and be competent with Microsoft Office or equivalent. SAP experience a plus.
* Excellent organizational and communication skills
* Strategic thinker with a demonstrated ability to successfully develop, launch and execute multiple projects to target goals.
* Must be self-directed and attentive to detail
* Must be capable of lifting up to 25 lbs
* Ability to travel up to 15%, including international travel
Bachelors Degree in Marketing
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.