Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN I
Job Location US-GA-Cartersville
# of Openings
Operations Technician I
We are a technology and applications leader with the industry knowledge and applications expertise to meet customer needs across industrial, food, medical, chemical and electronics industries. We offer over 120 years of proven experience in the safe and reliable production and delivery of industrial, medical and specialty gases. We re the talented people you know and trust, now with a new name.
Formed in 2019 after our business was acquired from Linde AG by Messer Group and CVC Capital Partners, we draw on a rich heritage of industrial gases expertise to meet customer needs. We know the industries we serve inside and out and we know our customers depend on us for more than just safe and reliable supply.
Today our deep understanding of industry trends and customer requirements allows us to collaborate intensely with customers to identify and develop long-term solutions that deliver competitive advantage. Our in-depth knowledge of customers manufacturing processes enables turn-key engineering with minimal plant downtime, and our technology development capabilities are unrivaled.
What you will enjoy doing:
As our Operation Technician, you will execute principle responsibilities to ensure safe, reliable and efficient operation of our continuous chemical manufacturing process in accordance with local and national regulations and standards. You will also execute maintenance activities (preventive, corrective and predictive). Your responsibilities will include:
* Apply the Hazardous Work Permit (HWP) process, Lock Out, Tag Out (LOTO) and energy isolation procedures
* Follow EMOC procedure for all changes to process and operating procedures
* Maintain site security and maintain site orderliness
* Perform safety indoctrinations for contractors
* Utilize Computerized Maintenance Management System (Maximo)
* Perform and document process and product analyzers calibration checks
* Assist shutdowns, start-ups, and production slate changes
* Troubleshoot process problems to identify equipment requiring maintenance
* Perform water treatment tasks
* Document activities and data in plant logbook and SAP system
* Direct and monitor contractors
* Participate in safety committee activities
* Complete all training activities according to schedule and meet annual performance goals
* Accept on call duty and overtime as required
* An associate s degree, certificate in a technical discipline, or recent military training in a technical field.
* Experience in an industrial plant in the operations or maintenance department is preferable.
* Must be able to do bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing ladders, and lifting activities as well as carry loads up to 50 pounds. A valid driver s license with good record is required.
* Basic math, computer proficiency, and ability to work with simple mechanic s hand tools is necessary.
* Personal computer proficiency (Internet, word processing, spreadsheets), and other software used by the company.
* The ideal candidate must have a basic understanding of pneumatically actuated valves and control systems.
* He/she must be capable of operating a forklift, overhead crane, and/or man lift.
Join us and you will be part of a company that values and supports your career. We offer competitive pay and benefits, with set schedules, steady work and opportunities for ongoing training and career progression.
Together we value innovation, efficiency and flexibility. Putting safety first, working with integrity and respect, we encourage everyone to find solutions for success. That means for our customers and for our colleagues. This makes us a great place to build a career where your skills are valued and developed.
Apply today @ https://uscareers-messer.icims.com
If you need assistance with the application or would like to request an accommodation, call (877) 243-1030.
Messer North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status or any legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer a FriendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
CONNECT WITH US!
Not ready to apply* Connect with us for general consideration.
Software Powered by iCIMS