Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Sr. Packaging Designer:
5+ years of experience
The primary focus of this position will be to lead the Packaging Design team with concept and design for primary and secondary packaging. A knowledge and love of beauty, lifestyle, design, typography, art and pop culture is essential. The ideal candidate must be a creative problem solver that has the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strict/tight deadlines.
* Lead the Concept and design packaging for primary components and cartons that capture NYX s 2020 energy and spirit.
* Establish and execute the brand strategy to drive packaging innovation for new packaging sku s, redesigns and kits that align with the brand s sustainability and cost targets.
* Seek out and leverage the latest consumer, design, and technology trends in the packaging space.
* Leverage consumer insights to deliver best in class user experiences for packaging. Work closely with cross-functional teams (Packaging Development, Product Development, Marketing, Creative) to define packaging requirements and deliver against objectives.
* Manage each project to ensure designs are delivered on time and ensuring strong communication with key stakeholders along the way.
* Prepare renderings/models required to convey the design intent. Review all design directions before release to vendors to ensure accuracy.
* Approve drawings and samples from vendors, ensuring accuracy of artwork, color and finishes.
* Presentation of selected designs, detail specification to manufacturers of approved designs, liaison with contractors, engineers and manufacturers on development of prototypes, sample approval.
* Mentor and coach the Packaging design team
* Research current market trends and innovative visuals for product
* Seasonal creation of new launch product and special collections/collaborations
* Oversee a small team that executes all packaging graphics and production, including new product, back-catalog updates, product renders and catalog and mock-ups
* Create 360 product visions when necessary
* Aid in creating and distributing image assets and logos for company-wide usage
Must have packaging production knowledge; have an expert level knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite; be detail oriented and highly communicative, working closely with other teams; be self-motivated and able to drive a project; have an eye for trend and be able to push new and innovative concepts.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.