Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
IDEMIA is the world leader in digital security & identification technologies with the ambition to empower citizens and consumers to interact, pay, connect, commute, travel, and even vote safely in ways that are now possible in a connected world. Our products and services provide mission critical services for government agencies and leading technology companies. We are a global company leveraging the latest technologies to deliver world-class products spanning public and private sectors such as finance, telecom, identity, security, retail, sports entertainment, commercial, government, and IOT. We use a variety of technologies and approaches to deliver frictionless security to our customers.
The Cost Accountant functions as a business support person to the operations and financial management team. Responsible for analyzing and developing standard costs, bill of materials (BOM), and assist in developing the annual budget. Works closely with manufacturing and business units to perform margin analysis, as well as understanding circumstances and how they impact the financial results.
* Assist with cost analysis and product unit costing
* Provide manufacturing cost accounting support to the operations
* Assist with month end financial reporting to senior management and corporate
* Facilitate monthly physical inventory, and perform reconciliation
* Prepare journal entries and reconciliations on a monthly basis
* Assist the Controller with reports and analysis, month end close, review of variances from budget, and departmental expenses review
* Monthly analytical review of material consumption
* Assist in preparing KPI (Scorecard) analysis and reporting business metrics
* Assist with year-end audit by providing data requested by external auditors
* Assist Controller with month-end and special projects
* Perform Adhoc projects as needed by Controller, participate on new projects and cost saving initiatives
* Initiate and lead special projects for process improvements
* Support other departments as requested
* Microsoft Excel knowledge and experience preferred (above average)
* Microsoft PowerPoint
* Must possess the skills to manipulate data from the operating system into excel for financial reporting and analysis (essential)
* Navision ERP
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Effective communication skills
* Solid attention to detail and can work independently or as part of a team
* Self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced and energetic environment
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting/Finance
* 2 5 years of cost accounting experience
* Prior manufacturing experience preferred
Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
IDEMIA is an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics..