Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Backed by more than 40 years of experience and one of the industry's leading safety performance records, PPM, helps clients address the complex challenges inherent in today's manufacturing and industrial facilities environment. Our wide experience in meeting industrial plant maintenance needs enables us to implement systems and processes that keep your facilities and equipment running at consistently optimum levels.
Safety Technician (Outage) 3/9-3/20
Typical tasks include:
* Ensure the health and safety of the workers, but also of the jobsite, environment and general public.
* Inspect the jobsites and identify potential hazards, assess the risks and report potential hazards and take appropriate action.
* Investigate incidents to identify their causes and find ways to prevent them in the future.
* Provide guidance and coaching to field employees.
* Effectively communicate and collaborate with manager to ensure safety strategies and programs align with corporate expectations and policies.
* Assist in the response and correction of significant safety events, such as serious injury or illness, fatalities, regulatory action, etc.
* Proactively recommend changes to protect workers and educate employees on how to prevent health problems through the use of safety training programs.
* Schedule job-site visits and safety audits.
* Ability to travel 90-95% of the week, including overnight travel to various locations.
Will maintain specified certifications, including, but not limited to OSHA 30, CPR, Basic First Aid, etc.
Demonstrate knowledge of safety rules and regulations at all levels of government, including federal, state and local.
* Ability to maintain and practice workplace safety programs, procedures and policies.
* Good interpersonal, customer service and communication skills with all levels within the organization.
* Able to work independently and as part of a team.
* Strategize with safety team to support and drive a culture that embraces safety, recognizes hazards and takes action to minimize risk.
* Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and initiatives simultaneously.
* Basic knowledge of computer skills.
* 2 to 3 years Industrial Outage experience
* OSHA 30
* NCCER Trainer or equivalent
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled