Posted in Legal Admin 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
When you work at Stewart,
you’re part of a global real-estate services company that helps make the dream
of property ownership a reality around the world. Whether we’re providing
residential and commercial title insurance, closing and settlement services or
specialized offerings for the mortgage industry, we deliver comprehensive
service, deep expertise and innovative customer solutions by way of our direct
operations, network of Stewart Trusted Providers™ and family of companies. Join
our team and discover how Stewart Information Services Company (NYSE-STC) impacts
lives for the better. We do more than offer broad-scale real-estate services
and solutions; we provide the security for building communities and dreams.
Stewart. Real partners. Real
possibilities.™ More information can be found at http://www.stewart.com, subscribe to the Stewart blog at http://blog.stewart.com or follow Stewart on Twitter® @stewarttitleco.
The title Examiner is responsible to provide accurate and professional title commitments, maintain high level of productivity and products, assess risk and liabilities in accordance with policy provisions, and provide title opinions based on the facts and documentation.
· Examine title orders within company guidelines to determine the conditions of the title and insurability by considering the effect of documents such as deeds, deeds of trust, mechanics liens, tax liens, judgments, assessments, probates and other matters of record
· Research respective title plant software, analyze and evaluate pertinent record documents for determination of ownership, legal descriptions, and any connection to title
· Explain chain of title, exceptions, and requirements to customers and managers
· Recognize title defects and formulate curative requirements
· Assess risks and liabilities that may jeopardize the company, and bring these matters to the attention of the local title manager, state title manager or underwriter, as appropriate
· Maintain proper production levels and delivery standards on a daily basis
· Review surveys prepared on properties, if applicable
· Work closely with the customer and escrow staff to meet time requirements for options, and assist with answering questions
· Prepare an accurate and compressive title commitment in accordance with company examining and policy procedures
· Perform title searches, verifying, reviewing and compiling information including but not limited to, geographic information, property surveys and legal description, title orders, customer information, ownership histories, physical address, etc. which involves the return of a set of documents reflecting the history of a property.
· Updates title and judgment searches and ensures timely processing of associated documents, etc.
· Answers questions and inquiries regarding process, procedures and transactions.
· Submits details for examination of the title and provides updates to appropriate parties.
· Utilizes various documents, files, websites and title search software.
· Recommends and advise management on process improvement and impact of change and leads initiatives to improve processes and service/products.
· Perform other duties assigned by manager
Role Specific Knowledge:
· Experience with Microsoft Office, Access, SureClose, Title Workplace, Internet software, and Contact Management systems
· Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
· Ability to operate in an environment with tight deadlines and strict standards
· Good knowledge of transactional documentation standards and ability to apply standard in non-standard situations
· Excellent written communication and presentation skills
· Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
· A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Education, Licensure, and Experience:
· Completion of a High School diploma
· Possession of a Valid State Producer's License, if applicable.
· Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the title industry which includes experience in understanding title orders.
· Minimum training required per year as assigned by the company
· As applicable, training/classes required to maintain State Producer's License(s)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Stewart is committed to
ensuring that its online application process provides an equal employment
opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you
believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening
or to submit an application, please contact us by calling 1-800-729-1904 Option
4 or by email at email@example.com.