Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
POSTDOCTORAL SCHOLAR - HEALTH INFORMATICS/HCI - INFORMATICS DEPT APPLY NOW TO POSTDOCTORAL SCHOLAR - HEALTH INFORMATICS/HCI - INFORMATICS DEPT
* Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences - Informatics
Open date: February 20th, 2020
Next review date: Friday, Mar 20, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Tuesday, Jun 30, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Postdoctoral Fellowship Position in Health Informatics and Human Computer Interaction
University of California, Irvine
The University of California, Irvine has an opening for a postdoctoral fellow in the areas of (1) general health informatics, (2) human computer interaction and computer-supported cooperative work in healthcare, and/or (3) machine learning and natural language processing of electronic health records. The successful candidate will be mentored by Professors Kai Zheng and Yunan Chen, and will work closely with faculty and clinician collaborators, PhD students, visiting scholars, and biomedical informatics developers in the UC Irvine Health & Information (HAI) Lab.
This is a full-time position that includes benefits. The position is funded in part by an NIH Training Grant and therefore, applicants must meet all NIH requirements for Postdoctoral Scholars (https://researchtraining.nih.gov/resources/faq). Please note that, per NIH policy, applicants must be US citizen or permanent resident. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The position is open till it is filled, with a desirable starting date on or before September 1, 2020. The appointment period will be one year initially and will be renewable up to three years.
Interested applicants should submit the application and names and addresses of three references through the following URL: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF05979.
Ideal candidates should possess the following qualifications:
* A terminal degree (PhD, MD, PharmD, etc.) in health informatics, computer science, human computer interaction, medicine, or other related fields;
* Current graduate students who meet all other requirements but have not yet completed their degree are welcome to apply; however, any offer made will be contingent upon successful completion of the degree;
* Experience in quantitative and qualitative research methods;
* Experience in conducting research in the health or healthcare context;
* Knowledgeable in user-centered design, system evaluation, and prototyping techniques; or knowledgeable in computational methods for analyzing medical data and text;
* Ability to work independently and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team;
* Excellent writing capabilities demonstrated by sample publications and/or publication record.
For questions about the position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, cc email@example.com.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
* 3 required (contact information only)
Apply now to Postdoctoral Scholar - Health Informatics/HCI - Informatics Dept or
Log in to your portfolio
Need help* Contact the hiring department.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You have the right to an equal employment opportunity.
For more information about your rights, see the EEO is the Law Supplement
The University of California, Irvine is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities.
See our Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act Annual Security Reports.