Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Weld together metal components of products as specified by layout, blueprints, diagrams, work orders, weld procedures or oral instructions, using electric arc-welding equipment or spot welder.
Monday-Friday: 3:00pm-11:30pm & OT as needed
Preference will be given to candidates currently working in the Bismarck Factory as a Welder
1. Sets up electrode wire per procedure to prepare welding equipment for operation.
2. Positions and clamps work pieces together or assemble them in a jig or fixture.
3. Strikes arc and manually guides electrode or gun along weld line to form specified depth of fusion and bead.
4. Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
5. Cleans or degreases weld joint or work piece using power equipment as needed.
6. Runs spot welder as needed insuring proper tips are used.
7. Insure spot welder tacks are secure and uniform without dimpling opposite surface.
8. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner in compliance with safety rules and regulations.
9. Use side grinder to clean up all grinding splatter and insuring quality surfaces near weld zone.
1. Keeps work area clean, orderly and maintain 5S schedule.
2. Required to fill out daily production sheets.
3. Required to accurately scan and record information in the Oracle inventory system.
4. Required to correctly identify and label parts for their specific area with correct quantity and location.
5. Perform quality checks as required.
6. Assists in the instruction and training of others as requested by supervisor.
7. Completes preventative maintenance and other duties as directed by Total Production Maintenance.
8. Perform other non-essential duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge & Skill
Work is performed in a shop environment. Conditions include proximity to moving and mechanical parts, exposure to high noise levels requiring the use of hearing protection and exposure to vibration through the use of tools and equipment. Subject to air and skin exposure to chemical hazards and atmospheric conditions that may affect the respiratory system such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists and gases. Required to wear personal protective equipment including weld helmet, gloves and protective sleeving and /or aprons. Face shield required during grinding operation.
The overall level of work is defined as medium duty. Employees are expected to exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed.
It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties and requirements for this position.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-476-4263.
Apply today at https://jobs.doosan.com