Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Responsible for preparing and delivering accurate news reports for the newscast
Co-anchor the newscast
• Gather and write news content for multiple platforms, including posting stories on the internet
• Report live on location from various news events
• Research and develop news stories
• Perform various community service activities for station, including performing as master of ceremonies for public service events and as host/hostess for station events
• Periodically required to drive personal or company vehicle to cover various assignments
• Perform other duties as needed and assigned
Education & Experience/Certifications
Skills & Abilities
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) advances understanding of the world through journalism. As the nation's fourth-largest independent TV station owner, Scripps operates 60 television stations in 42 markets. Scripps empowers the next generation of news consumers with its multiplatform news network Newsy and reaches growing audiences through broadcast networks including Bounce and Court TV. Shaping the future of storytelling through digital audio, Scripps owns top podcast company Stitcher and Triton, the global leader in technology and measurement services. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.