Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
For more than 30 years, CDPHP has been providing outstanding health care coverage in the Capital Region of New York and beyond. Based in Albany, NY, the physician-guided not-for-profit offers plans in 24 counties. CDPHP cares deeply about the health and well-being of its members as well as its employees. The company values integrity, diversity, and innovation, and its corporate culture supports those values wholeheartedly. At CDPHP, the employees have a voice and are encouraged to make an impact at both the company and community levels through engagement and volunteer opportunities. CDPHP invests in employees who share these values and invites you to be a part of that experience.
The Actuarial Analyst II will be responsible for analysis of key healthcare cost drivers, healthcare trend analysis, financial modeling for market strategy, product development, and pricing, financial performance analytics by product, line of business, and provider contract segments, as well as regulatory reporting compliance. The Actuarial Analyst II will maintain responsibility for the identification, development and implementation of all special reports and population based studies. The role of the Actuarial Analyst II will be to coordinate, enhance, and provide data resources to support all areas of the Finance Division.
* Bachelor s degree required.
* Bachelor s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Healthcare Informatics/Data Analytics is preferred.
* Minimum two (2) years related experience performing duties that include, data mining, report development, and healthcare cost analysis in an HMO, indemnity insurer or health care related environment required.
* Advanced knowledge of computer spreadsheet software such as Excel required.
* Experience working with data extract tools, (SAS, Cognos, SQL) specifically used in a data warehouse environment preferred.
* Working knowledge of Tableau preferred.
* Demonstrated analytical skills to develop and interpret healthcare financial data and reports.
* Demonstrated ability to take the lead and work independently on projects through completion and maintain accuracy.
* Demonstrated ability to pro-actively identify problems, as well as recommend and/or implement effective solutions.
* Demonstrated ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
* Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service and develop relationships both internally and externally.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Flexibility to adapt to a changing and fast-paced environment.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, CDPHP will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.