Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
K12 believes in education for everyone. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate K-3 Educators are needed at the K12 partner school, MVCA. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
First year teachers are encouraged to apply.
* Teaching Certificate(s) - Elementary
The mission of MVCA is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
AS A VIRTUAL TEACHER, YOU WILL ENJOY...
* Instructional Environment - Implementing instructional strategies that stimulate learning and increase student engagement
* Creating instructional resources to meet the varying needs of students
* Teach from home, online
* Building Relationships - Collaborating with parents and colleagues to manage coarse goals, curriculum, and materials that enhance the learning experience
* Professionalism - Actively participating in Professional Learning Communities (or professional development)
* Communication - Hosting live synchronous sessions that promote a positive learning environment
* Data Driven Practice - Analyzing student data to prescribe remediation and enrichment as needed
* Participating in data analysis meetings to monitor student growth
Get To Know MVCA !
* Michigan Virtual Charter Academy
* Behind the scenes
* A Day in the life
* Upload MI elementary/ early elementary teaching cert to your K12 profile.
* Must live in Michigan
* Must be available to start teaching full-time, from home, in the next few weeks.
* Meets state's NCLB's Highly Qualified Teacher requirements
* Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
* Strong written/verbal communication skills
* Ability to travel at least once per month within and between assigned geographic areas to support students, attend regularly scheduled meetings, and participate in school activities, open houses and orientations.
* Experience working with the proposed age group
* Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
* Ability to CLEAR required background check(s)
* Candidate is financially responsible for their background checks.
* An ability to learn new technology tools quickly (e.g., database and web-based tools)
* Experience working in a virtual environment..
* Ability to quickly learn new technologies and tools
* Experience teaching online (virtual) and/or in a brick-and-mortar environment
* Familiar with Blackboard Collaborative or other online platforms
* Media Specialist Certification is preferred
WHO ARE WE*
* About us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.