Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Who we are:
LANXESS is a leading specialty chemicals company with sales of EUR 7.3 billion in 2018 and about 15,000 employees in 25 countries. The company is currently represented at 60+ production sites worldwide. The core business of LANXESS is the development, manufacturing and marketing of chemical intermediates, additives, specialty chemicals and plastics.
LANXESS is listed in the leading sustainability indices Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI World) and FTSE4Good.
In the United States, LANXESS employs more than 2,000 people at 21 locations in 10 states.
What we can offer you:
LANXESS is a young company with strong roots! We derive our strength from global presence, management excellence and most importantly our people! Our employees are the pillars of our success.
We offer exciting career opportunities regionally as well as internationally, educational assistance programs, competitive pay and benefits, language training programs, and many other personal and professional development programs that are a part of our vision and values that drive our ongoing success.
* Provide leadership and execution of all site safety and health programs, working to actively engage and energize all site employees for the continuous improvement of conditions and practices at the site.
* Ensure the site safety and health programs are maintained consistently with all global, regional and BU programs (XAct, STOP, etc.)
* Maintain compliance with all HSE regulatory requirements, including keeping the site regulatory calendar updated
* Maintain the site management systems in accordance with ISO 9001, RC14001 and global/regional management system requirements - includes processes, procedures, audits, management review, aspects/impacts, continuous improvement
* Responsible for the safety program approval process for outside contractors (ISNet)
Bachelor's degree in an engineering or technical field or equivalent work experience
5-10 Years of related experience * Leadership experience is required for this role
Professional engineering license and/or safety professional certification and/or industrial hygiene certification is of advantage.
Knowledge of ISO 9001 and RC 14001 certification standards and processes is required.
Knowledge of Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations and standards is required.
What we offer you:
* Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages, inclusive of a global bonus program and an individual performance bonus program.
* Comprehensive Benefits: We provide a variety of benefits to support your financial security, health and wellbeing including retirement plans, health programs, life insurance and medical care.
* Work-Life & Flexibility: We support you in maintaining a balance between working hours and personal life. With our global Xwork program, we offer flexible working arrangements in all countries in which we operate.
* Training & Development: We are committed to your professional and personal development and encourage you in the ongoing pursuit of education, training and knowledge through both formal and informal learning .
Diversity: LANXESS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.
Join the LANXESS team!
Must include a resume.