Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
PURPOSE STATEMENT: Responsible for supervising and managing activities directly related to the daily business and department needs. This position requires limited supervision and is also required to exercise moderate discretion and independent judgment by developing, analyzing and delivering simple to complex information. Provides immediate supervision to a unit or group of two or more employees, assigning tasks, checking work at frequent intervals, and maintaining schedules.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Assign work assignments based on daily department needs, ensure quality products are produced and achieve department metrics.
* Conduct human resource activities which may include approving time off, conducting performance appraisals, coaching and disciplinary action and maintaining company policies and procedures.
* Provides mentoring, leadership and direction for those you oversee.
* Effectively communicate daily schedules, goals, quality issues/concerns between shifts to ensure customer expectations are met. Follow proper escalation process when necessary.
* Ensure individuals are trained to the appropriate assembly build instructions and ensures personnel are compliant with all applicable SFT training requirements. Intelligently flex those you oversee to meet customer schedules based on training and skill sets.
* Review documentation for accuracy and submits requests for appropriate updates.
* Supports resolution of department issues and escalates as required for immediate action.
* Supports Lean/Sigma and continuous improvement activities while providing input for improvements.
* Coordinate cross-training of employees.
* Ensures 5s practices are followed and maintained within department.
* Assists other departments as needed to effectively and efficiently meet the needs of Plexus and customers.
* Additional duties as assigned.
* A minimum of a High School diploma is required; an Associate s degree is preferred.
* Two (2) years of related experience is required; Two (2) or more years of related experience is preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be considered.
* Basic industry knowledge
* Basic decision making and problem solving skills
* Basic supervision and team building skills
* Good communication skills
* Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
* Basic data analysis and presentation skills
* General office equipment and materials
* The work setting should consist of a manufacturing environment with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a moderate noise level.
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent could be asked to perform.
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas. Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be U.S. persons. U.S. persons are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees..