We are looking for a Software Engineer to help us enhance our core IP specifically our Alteryx Engine, a fundamental piece of the Alteryx product suite.
You will be a technical leader, taking on the most complex design and implementation work while mentoring/supporting other members of your team.
You are someone who loves knowing the intimate details of and developing in multiple languages, with a strong penchant for design.
- Partners with Product Management and technical leadership in defining our engine roadmap including the feature and stories definitions (and related estimates) required to deliver it
- Takes on ownership of the more complex and fundamental engine design and development work
- Participates in code reviews for the engineers on your team, ensuring our delivery of clean, well-tested, and performant software
- Stewards quality and performance with a strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Fosters the growth of team members through informal mentoring and support
- Helps in the development of a great work environment through modeling exemplary servant leadership
- Docker, Kubernetes, deploying applications at scale
- Expertise and experience working on high-performance distributed systems
- Deep knowledge of concurrency and messaging in a high-performance distributed architecture
- 5+ years of systems design and development experience preferably leveraging open source and open standards
- Strong knowledge of and experience with object oriented and functional design patterns
- Experience using Git and Git-based pipelines
- Experience mentoring and developing others
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making, problem solving, and attention to detail
- Exposure & knowledge of Node.JS and RESTful API web services
- Knowledge and experience with databases or data processing systems.
- Deep understanding and commitment to modern software engineering principles/processes (Agile, Lean, DevOps) and continuous improvement through measurement