Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world's most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today's market trends while anticipating tomorrow's. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
You're a passionate, dynamic, and highly motivated individual who's looking for an opportunity to have an impact on some of the most well-known companies in the world. This integral member of the Retail Business Group (RBG) will report directly to the Manager of Market Analysis. If you enjoy working with clients to influence their business solutions, this job is for you.
The Operations Analyst within Market Analysis is responsible for providing retail insights to our clients by directly supporting Client Development reporting and analytical requests. He or she possesses in-depth industry/product knowledge for assigned categories and/or retailers. The Analyst independently manages through all aspects of the project, including engaging the account owner, making analytic recommendations and incorporating all available information into presentations. The Analyst is responsible for deploying new techniques for analyzing and presenting data. The analyst will look to proactively identify opportunities to apply NPD research to key issues, and incorporate them into the client deliverable.
The Operations Analyst will be an expert in deliverable tools in order to maximize their abilities and can train/serve as a point of knowledge within RBG. In addition, they will be fully aware of how to best use all of our services, including all forms of Consumer Panel and POS data and Corporate products. The Analyst works with junior team members to train, mentor and develop their skill sets.
This position based in Port Washington, NY.
• Support client service/sales by providing on time and accurate data reports.
• Provide value-added insights to client management and apply overall industry perspective to NPD products.
• Respond to internal inquiries and begin to make recommendations on standards for reports and analysis. Develop techniques for analyzing and presenting data.
• Demonstrate excellence in DecisionKey® and Microsoft Office tools, specifically Microsoft Excel.
• Take responsibility for personal development by seeking training, on-the-job experiences and input from the manager.
• Demonstrate expertise in all appropriate NPD services.
• Proactively provide internal clients with recommendations and analysis regarding the industries their external clients participate in.
• 3-5+ years in market research or equivalent.
• Strong analytical and writing ability - digests diverse data sets and incorporates them into cohesive and succinct stories within presentation decks, Word documents and emails.
• Skilled in usage of analytical tools and database manipulation.
• Solid knowledge of retailing and familiarity with NPD client base.
• Communicates effectively with all levels of NPD organization.
• Strong organization and project management skills.
• Knowledge of NPD methodologies.
• Expert in all MS Office products (strong in Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
• BA/BS degree.
The ideal candidate must be able to conduct engaging and impactful presentations that deliver value to the client while telling a compelling story in a concise and polished manner to a diverse audience. Most importantly, the candidate must demonstrate the ability to listen to the customer and appropriately match the customer's needs with NPD's products and services, or be willing to direct the customer to the best solution.
The ideal candidate must be comfortable and effective when talking with a broad range of decision influencers and decision makers within an organization. The candidate will be able to effectively understand and build relationships throughout the prospective customer's organization.
The ideal candidate will be competent in managing their time and activities and must embrace our proven opportunity and customer management processes and systems. Candidates must possess a "can-do" perspective in their professional attitude. They will be detail oriented and demonstrate a strong work ethic. They will be sticklers for accuracy in their own work as well as their colleagues. They will be ready to back up their assertions with facts as well as always challenging the obstacle of turnaround time.
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.