Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Tesla s manufacturing operations team is looking for an experienced and driven Production Planner to work alongside manufacturing to support production goals at Tesla's Gigafactory New York location in Buffalo, NY . The planner will be responsible for scheduling production across the value stream for Solar Glass Roof and Energy products. The planner will also be responsible for structuring and performing analysis to support the road map for production capacity changes on their assigned production lines.
* Support manufacturing by creating production schedules that reconcile production capacity with demand for fabricated components, following the factory s master schedule.
* Perform analysis that supports defining the roadmap for production capacity increases/change.
* Work with manufacturing & support teams to establish & improve processes (e.g. production batch sizes, material transfer processes & controls) for just-in-time or line-side Kanban delivery.
* Respond to unanticipated changes e.g. production shortfall vs. schedule or material shortages: provide information, impact assessment, and options to downstream shops, revise production shifts and or mix as needed.
* Generate and publish production performance metrics and forecasts showing risk to supply of fabricated components vs. demand.
* Communicating plans, plan revisions, and production vs. plan to all Manufacturing, support, and business stakeholders.
* Represent production in the sales and operational planning process for Tesla Energy.
* Assist in implementing systematic solutions to control inventory flow, minimize shortages.
* Collaborate with Supply chain and Engineering to coordinate Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) to plan for material and product end of life and minimize obsolescence.
* Complete other duties assigned by management as business needs shift or change.
* Bachelor s or Master s degree in engineering, industrial engineering/operations research, supply chain management or another quantitative field preferred.
* Demonstrated high volume production planning experience in a manufacturing environment, ideally with 1 + years experience structuring and building analytical models.
* Evidence of exceptional abilities.
* Ability to spot process improvement opportunities and influence others to make change.
* Good organizational and project management skills. (role requires juggling long-term projects, daily tasks, and urgent questions)
* Ability to solve problems in fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
* Ability to recognize opportunities for improvement in operations and reporting/information visibility.
* Proficiency in MS Excel required (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, etc.). More advanced excel modeling skills or willingness.
* Familiarity with specific reporting & visualization tools such as Tableau desired.
* Experience working in SAP or other ERP system preferred.
* Enthusiasm for Tesla & clean energy and a desire to change the world.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.