Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
Westminster Woods on Julington Creek is the Natural Choice in active living. We are a five star facility located on beautiful Julington Creek in Northwest St. Johns County. We value your expertise and invite you to join our team as a RN Supervisor. The position work schedule is Saturday and Sunday from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. with schedule flexibility as needed. The RN Supervisor provides direct nursing care to the residents and supervises day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants and staff nurse in accordance with state and federal standards. EOE/DFWP "We honor those who have served."
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Comply with all applicable rules, policies, standards, and guidelines related to employment with Westminster Services and its communities.
1. Supervise all floor nurses and staff members to ensure that care is being provided based on established standards, provide conflict resolution to issues between staff members, and replace nurses that call-off or are no-call/no-show.
2. Assist the ADON/DON with calculating daily staffing needs based on census requirements.
3. Review doctor’s orders for new and current residents; ensure that care is being provided based on current orders.
4. Oversee and assist nurses performing resident assessments.
5. Coordinate care through communication with resident’s family members, physicians, and other health care providers.
6. Manage family concerns with resident’s care.
7. Update ADON/DON on important situations related to the residents or the Health Center.
8. Enter admission orders in ECS for new residents to the Health Center.
9. Assist nurses with managing emergencies in the Health Center or independent living.
10. Request supplies for the unit from the Central Supply.
Must be currently licensed in the State of Florida as a Registered Nurse. A minimum of year as a supervisor is required. Must be CPR Certified.
Experience and Basic Knowledge:
One year of long term care desirable. Med-surgical, Home Health, Emergency Room experience helpful. Also experience working with the handicapped or developmentally disabled adults. Will train on-the-job in lieu of above experience.
See job description