Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
At Jabil, we empower the brands who empower the world – it’s our reason for being and the guiding force that’s driving us to become the most technologically advanced manufacturing solutions provider on the planet. Whether we’re serving one of the world’s biggest and best known brands or the coolest tech startups, our resolve never wavers. We share common desires with these brands: to make the world a better, safer and cleaner place.
Industrial Engineer I will support the Industrial Engineering Department in planning, designing, implementing and managing; integrated, production and service delivery systems that assure performance, reliability, maintainability, schedule adherence and cost control within the production site.
Main focus: conducts studies to determine the most efficient sequence of operations and workflow and recommends methods for maximum utilization of production equipment and personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Monitor and continuously improve daily quality/efficiency performance for assigned areas.
· Design and procure production tooling, processing equipment and workstations.
· Coordinate layout and workstation move activities.
· Prepares time estimates for proposed projects and evaluates time factors.
· Minimize change over time by ensuring programs use common set-ups where possible.
· Verify that machine maintenance is being performed on schedule.
· Reduce machine-generated scrap by monitoring machine management data and taking corrective action to improve or correct the operations.
· Reduce manual assembly scrap by monitoring quality data and taking corrective action to improve or correct the operations.
· Analyzes work force utilization, facility layout, and operational data such as production costs, process flow charts, and production schedules, to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Key Requirements:
o Understanding and application of broad range of industrial engineering tools (ie. Work measurement, process mapping, facilities and workstation design, etc.)
o Understanding of Jabil’s global strategies and direction
o Understanding of site’s facilities, capabilities and how they tie back to the Jabil strategies and direction
o Strong analytical ability
o Able to implement continuous improvements and cost reduction programs
o Good communication skills
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, and AutoCAD skills required.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.