Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Belvac is the world leader in the design and production of continuous motion rotary machinery. We provide beverage canmakers with high-speed trimming, necking, base reprofiling and reforming, shaping, bottom rim coating, flanging and inspection technology. Over the years, we have been responsible for numerous advances in canmaking technology. This technology has enabled our customers to steadily increase line speeds and improve quality and productivity, while significantly reducing materials costs. Belvac was founded in 1962 in Lynchburg Virginia. Philosophies of quality, pride, craftsmanship, and work ethic set extremely high standards and quickly drove Belvac to become the world leader in its industry revolutionizing many manufacturing processes. For over forty years Belvac has turned innovative ideas into world class machinery. Serving both the Can Making and Plastics industry.sts.
The function of the Electro-Mechanical Service Engineer will be to provide global electrical/mechanical service for all Belvac Production Machinery products. This job will require willingness to travel Worldwide as required.
This position requires the individual to have a valid passport without travel restrictions and a current country of residence driver's license without restrictions.
Primary (Field) Responsibilities:
* Performing Electrical & Mechanical Service including, but not limited to, installation, training and troubleshooting on all Belvac Bodymakers
* Identify opportunities for improvement through our quality system
* Submit reports to the appropriate staff managers regarding significant occurrences and or trends or transitions in the customer environment.
* Provide machine audits and record all related data in the appropriate departmental log.
* Provide appropriate technical and expense reports.
* Other duties as assigned.
Secondary (Office) Responsibilities:
* It is every Belvac Employee's responsibility to be aware of and work with Belvac's current documented Quality Management System as it pertains to their job requirements.
* Evaluate customer specifications and comply with machinery output.
* Assist in the continuous process improvement of Belvac's standard product line.
* Assist customers as needed by phone regarding technical, parts identification or recommendations
* Other duties as assigned.
Associate or similar degree in a Mechanical Discipline or similar and/or 6 years mechanical maintenance experience
Experience Required - General:
* Strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language
Experience Desired - General:
* Fluent in the knowledge and use of typical Microsoft Office software applications
* Knowledge of CE (European Safety Standards) and OSHA/NFPA is a plus
Experience Desired - Electrical:
* One year minimum experience with PLC's
* One year of hands-on experience with electrical assemblies
* Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics
* Ability to use and interpret basic electrical digital and analogue measurement/test devices
Experience Required- Mechanical:
* Three years experience with Body Maker and Trimmer maintenance, repair and setup
* Ability to read and interpret mechanical prints
* Ability to use and interpret mechanical measuring devises
Experience Desired - Mechanical:
* Three years maintenance and troubleshooting experience with production machinery
* Experience with impact or extrusion metal forming equipment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law..