Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Northwest is a 495 bed system serving the city of Amarillo and the surrounding region. We offer the ideal combination of traditional values and the most advanced technologies in healthcare, plus the conveniences of big city living in a friendly, smaller-town atmosphere. From the beauty of Palo Duro Canyon and great recreational facilities, to our quality educational system, Amarillo is a great place to live and work. Nurses are the heart of the hospital. That's why we're looking for nurses who are dedicated and passionate about their work. We're looking for nurses who can add to our culture of exemplary patient care and personal excellence. Our nurses provide safe, competent nursing care for patients in accordance with facility policies, standards, and philosophy. Nurses provide professional leadership and support to the healthcare team. The concepts of Patient Centered Care will provide the foundation for all nursing care.We demonstrate Service Excellence standards at all times. Join us to make a difference.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides safe, competent nursing care for patients in accordance with facility policies, standards, and philosophy. Provides professional leadership and support to the healthcare team. The concepts of Patient Centered Care will provide the foundation for all nursing care. Demonstrates Service Excellence standards at all times.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSES / REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
* Graduate of an accredited or NLN-approved RN program
* Must successfully pass any pre-employment assessment(s).
* BLS from the American Heart Association (or obtained during orientation) and maintain certification throughout employment.
* Current state nursing license or permit to practice nursing in the State of Texas.
* De-escalation training within 90 days of hire; does not require maintaining.
* Ongoing compliance with demonstration of clinically pertinent competencies as determined by the facility.
PROVISION OF SERVICES/CARE STANDARDS
* Develops, implements, and evaluates an age-appropriate plan of care utilizing the nursing process, clinical skills, and patient education.
* Maintains professional behavior when dealing with issues or conflicts, utilizing appropriate resources, as needed.
* Provides an environment conducive to safety for patients, families, visitors, and employees.
* Assess risks to patient safety and implement the appropriate precautions.
* Complies with appropriate and approved standards, as outlined by the organization and accrediting agencies.
* Complies with safety and injury prevention standards to minimize risk to self, co-workers, patients, and visitors. The concepts of the patient centered care delivery model will provide the foundation for all nursing care.
All employment at UHS is with one of the subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc., including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. Universal Health Services is a holding company.
UHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, openly supports and fully commits to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.