Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
This position is located at our Newburgh depot in Montgomery, NY
POSITION TITLE: GENERAL HELP (LOADERS)
DEPARTMENT: DISTRIBUTION CENTER LOCATION - BALTIMORE
REPORTS TO: LEAD PERSON, SUPERVISOR OR MANAGER
Loads product into the trailers in accordance to load sheets.
Primary Job Duties:
* Move product (stacks or racks) from packaging lines to appropriate trailer or staging area.
* Keep product staging areas and lanes organized.
* Load product from staging area to trailers.
* Remove out-of-code product from the floor (requires constant checking of date and price codes).
* Keep floor areas clean and organized (includes platform area, private label dock, loading area, empty tray area).
* Serve as a break person for other shipping employees on various lines and/or platform.
* Work on the platform, which includes unloading in-bound (purchased) product.
* Complete paperwork (load sheets, block sheets) with accuracy and neatness.
* Perform trailer checks, which include sweeping and checking for damage. Documents information and submits to department manager.
* Informs supervisors in advance of the floor inventory of empty trays and other equipment.
* Communicates with packaging employees to make sure product counts are correct on each truck (i.e. reconciling trailer paperwork to packaging wrap sheets).
* Maintains safe working environment for all employees/contractors/visitors by following safety guidelines and reporting all incidents to management.
* Promotes employee safety in all areas of operations.
* Maintains cleanliness of the work area.
* Follows proper G M P's at all times.
Other related duties as assigned by Lead Person, Supervisor or Manager.
Essential Job Functions/Requirements:
Experience: No experience required.
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent Preferred.
* Must be able to count and perform basic math.
* Must be able to read and comprehend department materials and specifically load sheets.
* Must be capable of lifting or maneuvering up to 50 pounds.
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
* Must be able to reach approximately 7 feet high to move product.
* Must be physically capable of moving to all areas of the plant.
* Must be able to view product and determine adherence to quality control standards including size, shape, color, cut, etc.
* Must be able to perform all duties so as not to produce damage.
* Must be able to read, comprehend and practice necessary safety procedures, signs, etc.
Northeast Foods is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.