Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
AMARILLO TX - EMT BASIC - FULL TIME IN AMARILLO, TX
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
Job Title: EMT Basic
Reports To: Operations Supervisor
Location: Amarillo, TX (Amarillo Medical Services)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls and delivers high quality patient care and customer service within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols and company policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned.
* Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy.
* Maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
* Complies with all state and company requirements for operation of motor vehicle.
* Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
* Develops ability to quickly and safely locate addresses through knowledge of number systems and street layouts.
* Ensures that unit remains in a state of readiness in terms of mechanical reliability, medical supply and equipment, cleanliness and appearance standards.
* Reports immediately to the Lead Paramedic any discrepancies in vehicle or equipment standards that could compromise the unit s ability to complete a call.
* Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in company policy.
* Reports all problems and unusual occurrences immediately to the Lead Paramedic or Supervisor.
* Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and uniforms standards.
* Attends all mandatory in-services.
* Other Duties as defined on the job description.
* Emergency Medical Technician training and certification as required by State or County to which assigned
* Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS/CPR) certification for all EMT levels
* State Drivers License
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled