Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Quality Assurance Chemist
Pay Rate: $22 to $28 per hour
Worksite: Georgia-Pacific Albany, OR
Duration: Potential Temporary-to-Hire!
Encadria Staffing Solutions, a Georgia-Pacific company is now hiring a Quality Assurance Chemist at our Chemical Plant in Albany, OR. Our Albany Plant is a performance chemical company focused on manufacturing products for the building products, industrial, and agricultural application businesses. We produce formaldehyde, powdered hardeners and liquid resins that are used in particleboard, hardboard, OSB and plywood.
We offer competitive compensation with the opportunity to earn overtime, health and dental benefits programs, and paid time off/holidays.
This role is temporary, with a potential for temporary-to-hire!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
· Providing technical support to the Quality Engineer
· Maintaining and troubleshooting analytical laboratory equipment and maintaining adequate laboratory supplies
· Supporting a chemical complex that operates 24/7 and includes formaldehyde plants and resin reactors
· Using statistical and quality tools to help meet or exceed goals
· Preparing samples for shipment
· Partnering with the Research and Development team to standardize plant methods to customer and company specifications
· Continuous improvement of familiarity with Lab Safety and Quality practices/techniques
· Training operators on required testing and how to properly use/maintain associated lab equipment
· Participating in safety and compliance efforts for the complex
What You Will Need:
• Bachelor of Science degree in a technical field or experience in a QA/QC lab
· Ability to work overtime and the on-call schedule for weekends and holidays
· Experience with Microsoft Office Word; creating documents, Excel; creating spreadsheets, utilizing formulas, & analyzing data, and Outlook; scheduling meeting invites & emailing
What Will Put You Ahead?
• Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry
• Experience with working with analytical equipment including titrators, gas chromatography and LECO equipment for C:N analysis.
• Minimum of one (1) year of lab or quality experience
• Minimum of six (6) months of industrial/manufacturing experience
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. E-verify is utilized to verify eligibility to work in the United States.