Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Job Location Renfro - Cleveland - Cleveland, TN
Position Type Full Time
Education Level Not Specified
Salary Range Undisclosed
Travel Percentage Undisclosed
Job Shift Graveyard
Job Category Manufacturing
Keep assigned line running efficiently and effectively by ensuring all machines are operating at peak performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Checks tension on all yarns before sizing.
* Inspects each machine daily and size daily.
* Strives to upgrade machines and maintains them at peak performance.
* Responsible for efficiency, quality and waste reduction of area.
* Performs preventative maintenance on machines.
* Keeps machine blown off and cleaned, informs supervisor of any maintenance problems.
* Responsible for general housekeeping of machines.
* Helps train new mechanics.
* Adhere to company policies, including attendance and punctuality
* Communicate with co-workers, management and others in a courteous and professional manner;
* Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions including but not limited to confidentiality requirements.
* Other duties assigned by management are a part of this job description.
* Excellent attention to detail, time management skills and meeting deadlines
* Ability to reflect positive attitude and disciplined work ethic
* Ability to work in a team or independently
* Basic education in reading, writing & mathematics.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
* Good communication and human relations skills.
* Ability to use & understand the functions of the machine key pad.
* Ability to recognize defects.
* Above average mechanical ability
* Self-motivated and able to work in team environment.
* Understand proper safety procedures & personal protective equipment needed for working around machines and using air hoses.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Ability to move between departments to interact with others. Consistent daily attendance required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. General working conditions include an office environment, manufacturing, warehouse and laboratory, some of which are not climate controlled.
*The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer at any time with or without notice. AA/EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without race, color, gender (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected characteristics*