Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery , Otis Spunkmeyer , and Oakrun Farm Bakery . We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
* Operator 2, Bakery-Packing
* Packaging Supervisor
The Operator 2, Bakery-Packing is capable of contributing to all phases of the team-oriented packaging process. Included is the operation of automated packaging and production equipment, determining equipment failures and making minor adjustments or contacting appropriate personnel for assistance, aiding in operator preventative maintenance and hygiene of all related equipment. This position is expected to monitor both equipment and food according to ARYZTA standards, make necessary equipment adjustments and performs all tasks and duties necessary for efficient daily operations. It is the responsibility of the Operator 2, Bakery-Packing to contribute to maintaining a safe work environment for themselves, fellow employees and our customers.
The Operator 2, Bakery-Packing is responsible for ensuring the food is properly shaped, filled and packaged with the use of equipment and machines, in accordance with ARYZTA established specifications.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Ensure food meets quality specifications
* Package food manually and with use of machinery
* Operate and adjust machinery & equipment to ensure accuracy and proper food specifications
* Maintain settings on equipment and ensure supplies are full
* Ensure work areas, machinery and equipment are clean, organized and adheres to applicable safety rules at all times
* Responsible for reporting and taking necessary actions to ensure food safety and prevent food quality problems from occurring; communicating safety, quality, production, maintenance and hygiene issues to appropriate personnel
* Continuous compliance with Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP s)
* Adhere to packaging work schedule and running orders
* Perform other duties as assigned or required
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* 2 Years Manufacturing Experience
* Equipment and product knowledge
* Equipment and product troubleshooting ability
* Must be at least 18 years of age
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
* Read, Write and Math Skills
* Good communication and observational skills
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and must also adapt to frequent changes that occur on the production line
* Position requires ability to act as a member of a highly functioning team
* High School Diploma
* Computer Skills
* Food Manufacturing Experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Lift/Carry up to 50 lbs. with or without assistance
* Navigate up and down stairs
* Flexing/Extending/Turning the neck
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to work in a hot, cold, wet, frozen, dusty, and loud environment
* Frequently works near moving mechanical parts
* Ability to work weekends, holidays and overtime as required
* All other duties as assigned.
ARYZTA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.