Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Our Senior Maintenance Technicians are a key part of each community’s success. They are our repair leaders who provide the technical know-how behind each apartment community and provide guidance and training to other maintenance professionals. From HVAC to plumbing to a fresh coat of paint, Senior Maintenance Technicians have a hand in every apartment and every resident’s satisfaction. Senior Maintenance Technicians are personable, multi-talented, technically skilled individuals with a passion for fixing things and a keen eye for detail.
As a Senior Maintenance Technician, you will work with one of our top property management teams to provide exceptional service to residents. Each day will be unique, requiring a diverse set of skills. You will collaborate with team members to assess and respond to maintenance issues, develop a rapport with residents by being both knowledgeable and friendly, and inspire trust by caring for our community and making our apartments feel like home.
WHO YOU ARE
- Technically Savvy. You have a solid understanding of general maintenance and technology and are quick to learn new skills.
- A Clear Communicator. You help residents and teammates understand the timeline and process for repairs.
- A Team Player. You are united with teammates in delivering the best experience to residents.
- Proactive. You act like an owner, performing regular maintenance to avoid emergencies.
- Personable. You are respectful, pleasant to be around, and enjoy engaging with others.
- Levelheaded. You keep your cool during maintenance emergencies and quickly find solutions.
- Motivated. You invest extra energy to reach your goals.
- Solution-Oriented. You follow through on commitments, letting teammates and residents know they matter.
- Organized. You are flexible and able to juggle multiple priorities and interactions with residents and teammates smoothly.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Repair and enhance our community. You’ll be responsible for repairing and maintaining all plumbing, electrical, HVAC, appliance, carpentry, and painting needs at the community.
- Build rapport with residents. You'll make positive connections with residents by offering a smile and a greeting when you see them and chatting as you make repairs in their homes.
- Manage service requests. You’ll launch into action when maintenance issues arise, collaborating with teammates and prioritizing service requests to earn trust and build resident satisfaction.
- Know the make-ready schedule. You’ll monitor apartment vacancies daily and initiate the turnover process with painting, cleaning and repairing.
- Tend to preventive maintenance. You’ll safeguard equipment with regular tune-ups, helping equipment last longer and minimizing costly repairs.
- Notice the details. You’ll walk the property daily, inspecting all areas for cleanliness and safety, and helping to maintain great curb appeal.
- Lead and coach others. As a senior member of your team, you’ll help to mentor, train, and develop your teammates. And in the absence of your Service Manager, you’ll assume managerial responsibilities by managing service requests, delegating tasks, and supervising and directing the work of your teammates.
- 1+ years of hands-on general maintenance experience
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and rotating on-call responsibility for after-hours emergencies
- Reliable and consistent form of daily transportation to and from work, including after hours for emergencies
- Computer proficiency and frequent daily use of / proficiency with a Smartphone with updated software (either a personally owned or company-issued device)
- HVAC experience and EPA Certification (Type I & II or Universal), if applicable for region/community
- Trade school or industry designation (CAMT or CAMT II)
- High school diploma or equivalent