Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. JOB SUMMARY
Communicates back and forth with Waste Management Drivers to assist with problem resolution while on route for residential, commercial and roll-off lines of business. Handles incoming service orders, directs drivers, and resolves service issues. Interacts with customers that includes Waste Management customer service, sales, and operational staff (i.e. Route Managers, Mechanics etc.). Uses Waste Management proprietary software to manage same day ticket routing as well as preparing all routes for the next day. Shifts vary with the potential for overtime and Saturday hours depending on each Market area dispatch center needs. Some travel (up to 15%) may be required to work face to face with sites dispatcher is responsible for.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
* Dispatches drivers to calls as they are received, using information on customer needs, drivers locations and loads, and daily factors to balance cost and customer satisfaction.
* Works with sites and the service department to optimize routes based on needs of the customer.
* Determines the daily level of driver staffing to provide best mix of responsiveness and productivity
* Assigns routes and service tickets to appropriate drivers throughout the day and for the next day; manages and determines route actions and assuring route completion.
* Handles fields incoming calls and e-mails from customer service and sales department; manages requests for all pick-up or delivery on any container movement within the Market area.
* Initiates communication to customers while drivers are on-site/location, resolving pick-up and other issues delaying the service.
* Troubleshoots and resolves potential delivery and pick-up problems before they result in service issues
* Ensures same-day service on missed pick-ups by managing the routing for all routes and tracking Driver movement in the field
III. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
* Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D (accredited).
* Experience: Six (6) months of relevant work experience with working in a team setting, with the ability to communicate to several areas effectively. Multi-tasking in a fast-paced work environment with excellent organizational skills.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
* None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
* Computer skills with ability to handle multiple programs and systems
* Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally via e-mail, telephone, and 2 way devices
* Must have the desire and ability to learn Waste Management proprietary software applications
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click \\"Apply.