Posted in Other 5 days ago.
Type: Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Customer Service Manager
DEPARTMENT: Front End
REPORTS TO: Store Director/Bookkeeper
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: * To provide and maintain high standards of customer service throughout the front end operations. To supervise and direct all front end personnel and activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: * Promote customer goodwill by providing high standards of customer service.
* Supervise and schedule activities of front-end personnel to ensure consistent application of high customer courtesy standards.
* Prepare and maintain effective work schedules for front-end personnel to keep customer inconvenience to a minimum.
* Enforce store policy as it relates to front end operations and assist store managers with discipline of front end associates who fail to abide by company policies and procedures.
* Delegate responsibilities to cashiers as prescribed by store management.
* Conduct training programs for new associates, as well as associates already on board.
* Assist cashiers with price checks.
* Keep store management and scan coordinator informed of all pricing problems.
* Assist customers with returned merchandise, over rings, and overcharges.
* Approve customer checks and enforce check cashing policies.
* Maintain a regular cleaning schedule and overall good housekeeping of the front end.
* Order and control front end supplies (register paper, ribbons, etc.)
* Greet and customers and be observant of people in the store.
* Abide by all company policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS: * Provide for proper staffing of Service Center and provide proper training for Acting
* Customer Service Supervisor.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: * Strong oral and written communication skills for dealing with customers, employees, and Vendors.
* Strong analytical and mathematics skills for conducting accurate audits.
* Must be knowledgeable in federal and state child labor laws regarding employment of individuals under the age of 18.