Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Keysight Technologies Semiconductor Infrastructure Solutions Business is currently seeking a qualified optical fabrication technician. The selected candidate will be manufacturing optical components for Laser interferometer position measurement systems which provide very precise position or distance information for dimensional measurements or motion control. Selected candidate will work alongside technicians and engineers producing the industries most sophisticated, highest quality interferometers utilizing state of the art equipment.
Selected candidate will be required to operate machines following procedures to produce optical component. The machines are CNC saws, CNC and manual milling machines, and grinding and lapping machines. It is a plus to have machining and computer experience. The work includes blocking the material for the machining operations, aligning the material for operation, operating the machine, and inspecting the finish parts.
Measures for these positions are:
- Quality and quantity of the work produced
- Adherence to written process procedures
- Documentation of work performed
- Ability to effectively communicate with coworkers and engineers
- Familiar with mechanical measurement devices i.e. calipers, depth gauges, micrometers
- Optical fabrication i.e. shaping, grinding, and polishing
- Ability to setup and operate computer-controlled machine tools
- Optical inspection techniques including the use of phase shift interferometers
- Strong mechanical skills
- Understanding and application of basic physics and mathematics
Careers Privacy Statement
***Keysight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.***
Keysight Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
Candidates can be considered to work from the following locations:
Americas : United States : California : Santa Clara
Job ID : 37445