Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Our client, a Global Telecommunications Service Provider, is seeking a Sales Engineer to assist in Pre-Sales and Technical Account Management activity for enterprise prospects and clients. This is a virtual position is located near a major Metro airport in the US Central time zone, with regular travel to client and sales office locations in the territory, as well as industry events. This role requires a High-Performance, Low-Maintenance individual who has great motivation, teamwork skills and thrives under minimal supervision.
Preference for candidates in the TOLA region, including but not limited to Dallas, Houston, Austin metro markets. * The Sales Engineer (SE) acts as the subject matter expert regarding all of the firm s Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS), Skype for Business, VoIP and SIP trunking products.
* The SE leads all technical aspects of the sales process, supporting Account Manager in site surveys, technical discovery and qualification meetings for prospective customers and is responsible for educating prospective customers on the firm s service offerings which include evaluations, presentations and proposals to take place on conference calls and/or site visits.
* The SE helps to formulate, define and execute sales strategy with the account team, understanding customer business and technical drivers.
* The SE is responsible to build and maintain relationships with prospects and existing customers.
* The SE may be required to actively participate in post-sales activities such as customer network planning, customer training and continually update customers on new service offerings and pricing.
* The SE will design and engineer solutions based on customer requirements, provide a design document or diagram as necessary and present solutions to the prospect or customer.
* The SE will participate with the account team to obtain customer contract acceptance and ensures final documentation of the proposed solution is complete and delivered to the service delivery department.
* The SE is additionally responsible for developing and presenting technical sales training for the account teams.
* The SE will work closely with internal departments such as Network Architecture, Network Engineering, Product Management and Product Development teams to develop future product direction and strategy by providing input based on customer discussions.
A Bachelor s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field of study, or alternatively in business.
6-10+ years of sales engineering experience providing customer presentations, designs and pricing. * Strong preference for Sales Engineer or Technical Account Management people from UCaaS, CCaaS, Contact Center, Network Service Provider, such as CLEC, ISP, Managed Services Providers, etc.
* Role requires broad and deep technical and market knowledge of some of the following: Unified Communications (CPE-based, Cloud-based, SaaS, UCaaS) Contact Center as-a-service (CCaaS) Call Recording/Quality Monitoring Omnichannel Customer Experience (CX) Microsoft Office Teams Microsoft Office 365 (O365) Skype for Business (SfB) VoIP & Hosted VoIP IP-PBX Messaging technologies Nice to haves: Videoconferencing, technology migration and provisioning tools
* Detailed knowledge of LAN/WAN network technologies such as: SD-WAN, MPLS, VPN, DWDM, Cloud Infrastructure, Data Center, Metro Ethernet, ATM, VPLS, VoIP, SIP services and collocation.
* Strong technical discovery skills, solutions design, project plan and pre-deployment documentation.
* Team player with company and project-oriented initiative
* Ability to be assertive and persuasive with prospects, clients and colleagues
* Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills appropriate for both
* Excellent time management skills to allocate resources across multiple projects
* Familiarity with MS Visio, Powerpoint, Word, Excel, Outlook
* Strong individual contributor requiring minimal direct supervision: High Performance, Low Maintenance type of employee
* Fundamental knowledge of voice, video and other data types, application and network security awareness, switching and routing best practices and collocation
* Must be willing to travel approximately 15-30%