Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
As the first and often the most frequent point of contact for our clients, you will have the greatest opportunity to influence the client's perception of Evertz. This position is a challenging mix that combines technical know-how and customer service skills both in-house and when traveling to our customer s production studios and distribution facilities.
You will be challenged with configuring, commissioning, and systematically trouble shooting Ethernet/IP networks for the latest advancements in broadcast networks and video processing equipment.
RESPONSIBILITIES: * Engage in documentation, deployment and technical support of small and large scale enterprise IP Networks
* Respond and provide technical direction to customers regarding operational issues, configuration changes, firmware upgrades and general maintenance
* Assess the customer s application, troubleshoot and diagnose issues through research and/or re-creation to determine the root cause and corrective action
* Recommend solutions utilizing various levels of technical language appropriate to the customer in a timely, clear and professional manner
* Maintain a communication link between customer service and other departments by partnering to resolve customer issues and communicating customer feedback to aid in design changes including customer feature requests to product managers
* Support the development of product communications by generating or authoring customer guides and provide the technical writing group with information including Pinouts, FAQ, Application notes, Best Practices and customer product or system configuration and product integration with other manufacturer s products
* Commission products and systems at customer sites and provide operation and engineering training
QUALIFICATIONS: * Unparalleled desire to help the customer and deliver service excellence
* Recent graduate in Computer Sciences and/or Networking
* A working knowledge and strong comfort level with Linux is highly desired
* Network troubleshooting experience
* Knowledge of IP Networking Protocols (IGMPv2/v3, RIP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
* Knowledge of RFC 2328, PIM, QOS, RIP, Sflow, SNMP, STP/RSTP/MST (IEEE 802.1d), VARP/VRRP, VLAN (IEEE 802.1q), VRF
* Knowledge of Internet network technologies (DNS, Firewall, SSH, HTTP) and Virtualization (VMware, KVM, openstack)
* Must have a valid driver s license
Powered by JazzHR