Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Model N is looking for hands-on manager for our CloudOps US team. The manager will report to Senior Director of Global Cloud Operations and collaborate with peers, internal customers and stakeholders as well as upper management in delivering mission critical applications to Model N Customers.
RESPONSIBILITIES: * Lead the US CloudOps Systems team through day-to-day operations. Collaborate with Global DBA and international cloud systems and NOC teams in East Europe and India locations.
* Effectively manage and assign projects as necessary while lending support to the team.
* Building and maintaining tools, solutions, and services associated with deployment and our operations platform, ensuring that all meet our customer service standards and reduce errors.
* Actively troubleshoot any issues that may arise in operating environments
* Control systems integrity, implemented designs, and other processes related to infrastructure, making improvements as needed.
* Manage product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise.
* Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements.
* Develop and maintain documentation and Standard Operating Procedures
* Establish CloudOps team best practices.
* Manage code deployments, fixes, updates, and related processes.
* Work with CI and CD tools, and source control such as GIT
* Offer technical support where needed, developing software for our back-end systems.
* Stay current with industry trends and source new ways for our business to improve.
REQUIREMENTS: * A minimum of 10+ years of total hands on and management experience with 5+ years of engineering, operations and technical leadership experience.
* Bachelor s Degree in Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field required. Master s in Computer Science is a plus
* Strong knowledge of Linux-based environments, including hands on skills.
* Strong knowledge of AWS platform required, additional public cloud such as Azure or GCP nice to have
* Experience with environments and platforms such as Java, JBoss, Oracle database as well as EMR/Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Heroku, etc.
* Working knowledge of Python, Shell scripting
* Experience of working with methodologies and tools such as Agile, Jira, Scrum, etc.
* Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services.
* Experience in working with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Jenkins and etc.
* Solid understanding of operational aspects of cloud security and compliance in Enterprise environments
* Experience in a DevOps Engineering (or similar); in software development and operational environments
* Intermediate understanding of containerization technologies and automation tools
* Stellar troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems.
* Current with industry trends, CloudOps, and industry best practices.
* Time and project management skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed.
* Team player. Strong communication skills including the ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management.