Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Drive System Design Engineer at Bell isresponsible for design activities related to preparation and release ofengineering data for complex mechanical components including gears, bearings,shafts, housings and other supporting components as well as subsystemintegration. This role supports the manufacturing, assembly and validation ofthese mechanical components and ensures compliance with all best practices,customer and industry specifications in support of air vehicle performance andsafety requirements. This position is located at Bell s headquarters facilityin Ft. Worth, TX. Position Responsibilities: * Create detail, assembly and installation drive system design definition in the form of 2D and 3D technical data utilizing CAD software and various analytical tools.
* Support manufacturing and testing of drive system components and sub-systems interpreting technical data and assisting in product improvements.
* Improve detail, assembly and installation drive system design definition in the form of 2D and 3D technical data utilizing CAD software and PLM software.
* Participate in a cross functional team environment completing a variety of objectives depending on the program lifecycle assigned.
* Advance the state-of-the-art drive system through creative thought, personal and team research, technical compliance and strong analysis skills.
Education Requirements: * Bachelor s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering is required.
* Other equivalent engineering disciplines will be considered with sufficient applicable experience.
* Master s Degree in the Engineering as described above is preferred.
Position Requirements: * Mechanical design experience with 2D/3D modeling, requirement capture and specification development is required.
* Experience working in an aerospace or automotive environment, focused on mechanical components such as gears, bearings, shafting, etc. is required.
* Experience working in a precision manufacturing environment, focused on mechanical component manufacturing processes such as metal machining, heat treatments, and other specialized processes.
* Proficiency with mechanical design computational tools such as various CATIA v6, UG v5, and/or ProE.
* Proficiency with Mathcad, Matlab, FEM software (ANSYS, etc.), AB Jones, KIMOS, AGMA related analysis tools, etc.
* Proficiency with basic office computer software, specifically the Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.) is required.
* Must have working knowledgeable of GD&T requirements.
* Strong analytical ability is required.
* Must have demonstrated success working in a team environment and articulating technical data and concepts to a wide audience of individuals of different technical backgrounds.
* Must have demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize a variety of activities and tasks while dealing with change.
* Previous experience working with PLM software such as ENOVIA to drive product lifecycle is preferred.
* Previous experience working on cross functional engineering programs is preferred.
Ourmost cherished core value is to Lift Each Other up, creating a diverse andinclusive environment. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiasticteams where differences in experiences, backgrounds, and ideas combined with astrong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.