Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Type: Full Time
52706 Job Category:
Professional Position Type:
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is looking to add a Senior Lead Civil Design Engineer to our Sacramento or Stockton, CA offices!
As Senior Civil Lead Design Engineer with experience in the water, power and transportation markets, the successful candidate will be a seller-doer and provide sound delivery, mentoring to junior staff, and quality control on small to large civil design projects in support of local, state and federal clients. This position will be based in our Sacramento or Stockton, CA office and will provide an important role to help grow our team s civil engineering capabilities.
This professional should possess minimum of 15 years of experience in civil engineering with strengths in rural and urban roadway design, site engineering, drainage and storm water management, preparation of construction documents, and the ability to work within a team of engineers in the local office and in offices throughout Kleinfelder, including field staff.
Typical Duties Overview
* Prepare and oversee detailed civil engineering design that includes civil/site, roadway, drainage, stormwater management, utility design and coordination.
* Generate professional plans, specifications, technical calculations, exhibits, and reports.
* Perform material quantity take-offs and produce engineer s construction cost estimates.
* Coordination with several design disciplines as needed to complete project deliverables including in-house Architects, Environmental, Geotechnical, and Structural Professionals.
* Coordination with outside consultants on the project team such as Surveyors, A-E Consultants, Electrical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Structural Engineers, CEQA Environmental Consultants, and others.
* Mentor junior staff and assist project managers with project staff resourcing.
* Attend and lead project team and client meetings.
* Support the development and management of project scopes, budgets and schedules.
* Conduct site observations, existing conditions backchecking, and written field reports.
Specific requirements include:
* Experience with roadway design, storm water management, utilities and utility coordination, development of construction documents, and construction support services.
* Ability to review and comment on traffic plans, pavement markings, signage, signals, and temporary traffic set-ups.
* Stormwater modeling experience (HydroCAD, StormCAD) with Green Infrastructure capabilities is a plus.
* Self-motivation with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Experience with railroad and Caltrans projects is a plus.
* Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment.
* BS in Civil Engineering
* PE Registration in CA, PE in NV is a plus
* 15+ years of progressive civil site, roadway, and stormwater design experience
* 5+ years of client interaction / selling experience
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.