Posted in Other 15 days ago.
Type: Full Time
EVS FLOOR TECHNICIAN
Requisition #: 282308
Location: Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Support Services (Services/Trades)
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Sept. 15, 2020
Responsible for cleaning and maintaining Medical Center departments/buildings in sanitary condition according to prescribed procedures. Reporting to, and working under the direct supervision of, an Environmental Services Supervisor, the Floor Technician helps to ensure patient safety and customer satisfaction by providing timely and thorough cleaning services to keep clinical unit/area in orderly, sanitary and attractive condition. Cleans assigned areas using specified products and follows established procedures. Assigned to and completes daily removal of regular and bulk waste to the appropriate locations. Responsible for loading of wastes in the various containers. Maintains trash containers in a clean and safe condition at all times. Maintains height restrictions of trash in containers. Performs floor care duties per duty list including: carpet extraction and bonneting, floor scrubbing and burnishing (buffing). Operates equipment safely and effectively. Ensures sufficient supplies and equipment in designated storage areas at the end of each shift; and notifies Supervisor or designee when stock is needed to support the shift. Maintains professional conduct at all times. Uses interpersonal skills effectively to communicate to customers, co-workers and supervisors, as appropriate. Provides outstanding customer service at all times while interacting with patients, visitors and staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Work requires the ability to understand simple verbal instructions and to read and understand written instructions and 6 months or more previous experience of floor care.
Requires the ability to read at minimum of 8th grade level, and mathematical ability of at least a 6th grade level. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
No certification, registration or licensure required.
Work requires the skills to read and understand instructions, add and subtract numbers, and make comparisons between numbers and letters.
Work requires the ability to understand and respond to simple written or verbal instructions. Incumbents must respond appropriately to instructions, questions, or requests for information. Work occasionally requires contact with patients and/or visitors which involves courtesy.
Required Physical, Mental, and Visual Abilities:
* Lifting and/or carrying objects weighing 21 to 50 pounds.
* Pushing and/or pulling non-motorized equipment (e.g.,trash cans, supply carts, mops) weighing 20 to 50 pounds.
* Stooping and bending.
* Reaching and grasping objects.
* Manipulating and operating power tools or machinery.
* Requires walking/standing/bending 100% of scheduled work time.
* Operates heavy machinery.
* May be exposed to construction hazards.
* Possible exposure to communicable diseases, hazardous materials, and pharmacological agents that have little likelihood of harm if established health precautions are followed.
* Work requires the use of protective safety devices including, but not limited to, safety glasses, gloves, hearing protection, infection prevention apparel/apparatus.
* Work requires attention to detail.
* Work requires visual acuity.
* Work requires manual dexterity.
* Works at heights of up to 12 feet above surface using ladders, lifts and equipment.
* Work requires ability to load/unload and transport/position equipment, materials and trash. Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds.
* Conference room set ups as requested
6 months or more previous experience of floor care.
Day Shift, Full-time (40 hours per week)
6:30 AM 3:00 PM
Weekend work required
4940 Eastern Ave, Baltimore, MD 21224
Required Licensure, Certification:
Work is generally performed in a clinical environment in which there is some exposure to unpleasant or hazardous working conditions.
Johns Hopkins is a Smoke Free campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.