Posted in Other 7 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Moffatt & Nichol is seeking a Railroad Crossing Safety Specialist to join our Transportation / Rail group in Raleigh. This role with work closely with our National Crossing Safety Lead to help continue to identify and win work for Moffatt & Nichol.
The ideal candidate has served as project engineer on roadway projects ranging from rural highways to urban freeways and limited access roadways, or on railroad projects including crossing safety design and coordination, Quit Zones, preemption, and track design; and will be thoroughly familiar with the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) guidelines.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Coordinate with clients and stakeholders and obtaining approvals on various key elements
* Perform field evaluations, crossing treatment selection, contract development, scope and fee proposals, funding negotiations between stakeholders, and construction oversight, to move projects forward
* Perform/Lead/Evaluate design where road and rail (or transit lines) connect
* Designs include light road or track design, concept layouts and potentially hydrology and hydraulics, earthwork, grading, alignments, site development, wet/dry utilities, and permit processing
* Lead junior designers in various rail/transit civil engineering projects
* Assist with the identification of required internal & external engineering resource requirements
* Oversight of engineering deliverables and requirements
* Manage input from external engineering partners assigned during the bid phase, and oversees the management of external engineering consultants during implementation phase
* Monitor, track and report weekly engineering and construction progress
* Perform various tasks in MicroStation
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice and may vary depending on the employees skill set and work background. .
* Minimum 5 years of experience working on highway, rail, railroad crossing projects, or quiet zones.
* Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or a closely related discipline required
* PE preferred
* Experience leading plan preparation for large and small road or rail projects required
* Experience working within the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Design or AREMA guidelines
* Experience in rail safety, rail crossing, traffic signal timing desired
* Strong and proven abilities in MicroStation
Moffatt & Nichol is a global infrastructure advisory firm of 800+ employees in 43 offices and 7 countries. We provide practical solutions to clients in the marine terminal, transportation, energy, environmental, federal, and urban development markets around the world. We are a multidiscipline professional services firm with specialized expertise in structural, coastal, and civil engineering; environmental sciences; economics analysis; inspection and rehabilitation; and program management solutions.
Moffatt & Nichol's EEO Statement
As a global business, Moffatt & Nichol relies on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goal of Creative People, Practical solutions serving our client needs, and ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil rights Act of 1964. We continuously seek talented, qualified employees in our world-wide operations regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, religion, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Moffatt & Nichol is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer/ Federal Contractor desiring priority referrals of all protected veterans for job openings..