Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc., one of the largest metals distributors in the US with a rich history spanning over 175 years, is currently seeking a Shift Area Leader to join our warehouse team in Norcross, GA.
In addition, the successful candidate must be well versed in safety, benchmark quality, cost reduction, and team building. Must also have the ability to convey messages, both orally and written, to all levels of the company.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Direct the efficient function of plant operations
* Understand production goals and implement actions necessary to meet objectives
* Supervise the filling of time-sensitive orders
* Provide leadership to direct reports; coach and counsel employees
* Facilitate problem solving team building activities
* Carry out and support company policy, goals and objectives
* Understand quality goals and implement actions necessary to meet goals
* Ensure training is effectively carried out and oversee completion of training checklist
* Communicate with other departments within facility as well as other Ryerson locations
* Understand customer requirements, participate and advise on decisions regarding suitability of material and processing capabilities
* Provide direction and coaching in safe work practices: support safety goals
* Review unsafe conditions and ensure corrective actions are carried out to eliminate workplace hazards
* HS Diploma or GED
* Demonstrated problem solving ability
* Ability to work independently
* Personal initiative
* Demonstrated willingness to learn and improve oneself
* Mechanical aptitude and experience operating machinery, such as an overhead crane and forklift.
* Customer Focus
* Experience in Kaizen, 5S, and Lean principles a plus
* Ability to work under pressure but still maintain attention to detail
* Experience in factory or warehouse (metals warehouse preferred)
* Knowledge of and ability to use tape measure, micrometer and caliper a must
* Training certifications preferred in forklift operations, crane operations and First Aid/CPR
* Working knowledge of MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
* Demonstrated verbal, written and interpersonal skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.