Posted in Other 2 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Sr. Manager, Capacity Planning and Reporting
Packet, an Equinix company is the global leader in automated bare-metal infrastructure.
We are seeking a hardworking individual that can help support the growth of the Packet. Equinix Edge Metal Operations team. The position will be responsible for leading managing capacity planning and reporting functions and inventory.
The ideal candidate will uniquely possess both technical and business acumen to cover a wide range of responsibilities as outlined below.
THIS ROLE CAN BE REMOTE or based in one of our office locations.
WHAT YOU LL DO:
* Lead and manage all capacity planning and reporting functions within the operations organization
* Lead and manage the team responsible for logistics and the creation of Bill of Materials for cloud and custom deployments
* Plan and manage global/regional warehouses and distribution centers for efficiency in distribution to regional sites and inventory/capacity management
* Maintain a real-time inventory of Packet s global data center assets - compute & network gear, cabling, RAM, HDD, and related components
* Manage and refine our supply chain and logistics processes to meet rapid growth plans
* Work with DCOps and Network Ops to build datacenter and network capacity plans and usage trends
* Vendor management of key suppliers, including auditing invoices, mapping against utilization, and optimizing spend
* Build and refine a business intelligence and reporting function including dashboards and KPIs
* Work with sales and sales operations to incorporate forecasts into inventory and capacity planning
* Build and manage dashboards for cross-operations functions
* Track and report on operational metrics that impact operations and customer experience.
WHO YOU ARE:
* 10+ years of expertise in supply chain management, inventory management, and logistics
* Experience building Dashboards and presenting metrics
* Bare metal and cloud infrastructure experience a definite plus
* Team player with excellent consultative communication and negotiation skills, proven ability to work effectively with internal/external clients, vendors, and consultants.
* Ability to make solid business decisions in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
* Sets strategy and can translate into measurable objectives that are tracked and well understood by members of the team
* Proven track record of building teams in a high growth environment
Packet, an Equinix company, is the leader in automated bare metal. We focus on making infrastructure a competitive advantage for the world s leading digital businesses by pairing developer-friendly bare metal with a trusted ecosystem of networks, software, and partners.
Packet helps customers take advantage of Equinix s unmatched geographic reach in 55+ global markets, 340k+ interconnections between over 1800+ networks, and a neutral approach with automation that creates a trusted, friction-free experience. As part of Equinix, our mission is to protect, connect, and power the digital world with physical infrastructure that moves at software speed.
Interested in our mission? Please follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or reach out about open positions. Learn more at www.packet.com/.
PACKET IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At Packet, we constantly strive to build an environment that allows our employees (Packeteers) to do the best work of their lives. Our team works remotely in 10 countries across the globe. Packet is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have specific needs during the process, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we are happy to accommodate! Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.