Posted in Other 5 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It s our passion.
Serves as a resource to health professionals and the public by providing professional and technical assistance regarding potential poisonings and conducting educational and research projects to ensure Poison Center operations meets regulatory requirements and the needs of users.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy or Pharm.D. Degree from an accredited school of Pharmacy; OR,
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Nursing; OR,
- Must have a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree from an approved college of Medicine/Osteopathy.
- Must have one year of professional pharmacist, nursing or physician experience in a hospital environment.
- May have an equivalent combination of education or experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
- Must have and maintain a current American Association of Poison Control Centers (AAPCC) Poison Information Specialist certification; or, must obtain within five years of hire/placement into role and maintain thereafter.
- RNs Only: Must have current RN license or valid temporary permit with the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
- Pharmacists Only: Must be a Registered Pharmacist in the State of Texas or become registered within 90 days of hire.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge involved with poison information services.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of nursing standards.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to understand and interpret poison information to health professionals and the public.
- Must be able to perform mathematical computations.
- Must be able to employ effective problem solving and demonstrate effective interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient-centered/patient-related behaviors.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skill to operate a computer to input and extract information using data base management software.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts.
- RNs Only: Must demonstrate ability to provide care to assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nursing Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
PARKLAND HEALTH AND HOSPITAL SYSTEM PROHIBITS DISCRIMINATION BASED ON AGE (40 OR OVER), RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX (INCLUDING PREGNANCY), SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, GENETIC INFORMATION, DISABILITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL BELIEF, OR VETERAN STATUS.