Posted in Other 3 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Why Rocket Lab*
At Rocket Lab, we believe the future will be defined and enabled by access to space. As a world leader in launch and space systems, we re making that future a reality and enabling the ideas of tomorrow to reach orbit today. We re unlocking the potential of space and ushering in a new era of opportunity and exploration in orbit to improve life on Earth.
Senior Solutions Manager Spacecraft Components, Space Systems Division
This is a rare opportunity to play a key role in Rocket Lab s evolution from a launch company to an end-to-end mission provider that delivers launch, spacecraft, and on-orbit operations. The Space Systems Division is shaping Rocket Lab s future, enabling innovative small spacecraft missions in low Earth orbit and beyond. The team is already developing a NASA mission to the Moon in 2021 and advancing plans for a private mission to explore Venus. Rocket Lab recently acquired Sinclair Interplanetary, a leading provider of high-quality satellite components. The acquisition expands Rocket Lab s commitment to vertically integrate the Photon family of configurable small spacecraft and grow a spacecraft components business.
Based in Long Beach, California, the Senior Solutions Manager for Components will develop and execute the sales strategy for Rocket Lab s space systems components by applying an entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills. As a member of the Space Systems Business Development and Strategy team, the ideal candidate will have significant experience in the spacecraft components industry and possess insights to help shape the space systems product and services roadmap.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Lead Rocket Lab s space systems component solutioning.
* Generate and execute sales of strategically aligned space systems components.
* Meet and exceed sales metrics for the Space Systems Components group.
* Develop and implement sales plans, systems, policies, initiatives, and procedures.
* Collaborate with the Communications & Marketing team in creating Space Systems Components collateral, marketing material, and strategic communications.
* Remain up-to-date on the latest space systems competitive landscape and market, lead forecasting of component sales, determine pricing, and provide support for business development, strategy, and the space systems product and services roadmap.
* Grow existing business opportunities and nurture relationships with existing customers.
* Create new business opportunities and relationships for space systems component sales.
* Manage the sales pipeline and close deals. Develop and present bid/no-bid strategies, and manage proposal planning, preparation, and submission.
* Advise on, and help implement, technology licensing deals and strategic acquisitions for new, strategically-aligned space systems components.
* Develop strong relationships across all levels of the business to ensure alignment, efficiency, and collaboration, including coordinating with Sinclair Interplanetary by Rocket Lab.
* Coordinate and collaborate with the Component Production team to ensure adequate manufacturing and stocking plans for low lead-time delivery of component sales.
* Represent Rocket Lab Space Systems Components group at industry conferences and customer meetings.
Required Experience and Education
* 4-year degree in business, engineering, or a related field.
* Minimum 10 years of professional experience in aerospace with demonstrated contributions towards organization success focused on spacecraft subsystem or components.
* Strong knowledge and applied experiences in engineering and manufacturing of space systems.
* Highly effective and professional verbal and written communication skills with team and internal/external customers.
Desired Skills and Experience
* Master s degree in aerospace engineering or related engineering field (electrical, mechanical, computer science, etc.).
* Master s degree in business administration.
* Sales management experience and familiarity with diverse business functions such as sales, marketing, public relations, finance, and operations.
* Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles.
* Extensive awareness of current/ongoing commercial and government satellite programs.
* Track record of world-class space systems mission assurance, quality, attention to detail, and dedication.
* Experience leading, managing and growing geographically disperse teams on fast-paced projects.
* Readily takes ownership and action on challenges and steps up to manage tough situations while encouraging colleagues and direct reports to do the same.
* Practiced with the use of customer relationship management software.
* Financial modeling and financial forecasts experience
* Proposal development, writing, and best practice capture processes.
* Work out of Rocket Lab Headquarters in Long Beach, California.
* Frequent domestic and international travel required, as needed in support of business development efforts, including on short notice.
* Available outside of normal business hours and/or weekends, as needed.
* Security clearance or ability and willingness to obtain one.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.